the gold market has changed

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#71 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 11:00 AM

anyone notice the dust keeps trading huge volume=the shorts are fighting this thing and wind up fodder

the sentiment #s are still middling

dharma

#72 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 04:55 PM

the pullback was on very light volume

the bull is very young. 

It is no trick at all to be right on the market. I’ve known many [traders] who were right at exactly the right time, and began buying or selling stocks when prices were at the very level that should show the greatest profit. And their experience invariably matched mine; that is, they made no real money out of it. [Traders] who can both be right and sit tight are uncommon. I found it one of the hardest things to learn. But it is only after a stock operator has firmly grasped this that he can make the big money.” — Jesse Livermore

dharma

#73 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 02:33 AM

I dunno
Some serious divergences suggest pullback

#74 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 11:08 AM

it may be that we pull back , if so i buy. drawdowns are part of the process. i took profits on a good position , the company was taken out. so i will redeploy the funds. by any measure miners are undervalued . @ the lows they were down about 85%.  the point is if we have started a bull , it is very early in the game. its why the livermore quote is timely. if it is a bull parameters change. the always short commercials carry a larger short position in a bull. putting folks in their graves on a similar size commercial short position is premature , imo.  there are so many gurus who were in the one more down camp. so many in the correction now camp. i dont know which it is , if it is to be either. but , what i do know is miners are cheap.  thus the quote from jesse is appropriate.  i am in buy mode.  i dont see signs of a top . sentiment is middling.  i have bids in today where i am the buyer. so far the asks have not accommodated me.  

dharma

#75 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 11:59 AM

sound thinking dharma

#76 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 03:22 PM

commercials reduced shorts a good bit and added some longs

http://news.goldseek.../1458329559.php

dharma

#77 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 03:24 PM

commercials reduced shorts a good bit and added some longs

http://news.goldseek.../1458329559.php

dharma

#78 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 04:10 PM

Today I bought one junior PM miner, one PM explorer, one long term government bond ETF, and added to an existing PM explorer position. (The existing explorer position  is some moose pasture)   biggrin.png  Looking for higher prices over the next couple of weeks.  Will see. Still holding small DUST hedge.

Also looking  to buy food ETFs soon. (weat, corn, soyb and perhaps jo)

Peace
johngeorge

#79 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 09:52 AM

"jg that is the fundamental point !!(i was going to post that piece) negative rates are prevalent in europe/japan. the old argument that gold gets no interest , holding gold is a losing proposition. well so is holding money in a bank!  that is the point. the west and japan are broke they cannot afford to pay interest . so nirp and zirp exist"

dharma

I just saw this: Pierre Lassonde BNN interview March 8, 2016

Peace
johngeorge

#80 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 10:15 AM

great interview. he bottom lines the case for owning gold , thanks jg

dharma