• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 07:57 PM

Thanks dharma

Good stuff with Stewart for his bull case and a most interesting read @jsmineset. 

Peace
johngeorge

#32 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 11:41 PM

just watched the big short, it was a great reminder and wake up call

its why the shanghai  and quattro in dubai, will take the game to a new playing field

dharma

#33 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:20 AM

1. "By 2029, there will be 11,000 new seniors arriving every day and only 2,000 new adults being added to the workforce to pay for them." - Stan Druckenmiller/ZH News, April 3, 2016.
  2. obviously this is unsustainable
  3. many indian jewelers remain on strike, they have not yielded and been on strike since march 2,  which happens to be about the time gold hit its high
  4. we are now in the 1st of hadiks windows. for a low.  i am not trying to pinpoint this thing, i am buying stocks i like when i think they seem inexpensive. otherwise i wait
  5. patience in here. seasonally march/june are the worst months of the year for gold , march remained firm 
  6. dharma

#34 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 10:13 AM

a couple of closes above 1229 and the next leg could have begun. 1229 is the gateway to higher prices.  it begins the next price cycle

the 27th is the fed

i did some light buying this am. and i am maxed out now.  my work has april, as a directional change upward lasting into june

then we see from there.. the world gold council came out advising to double up on gold citing negative rates in europe and increased demand from the far east!?

have been investigating r rules list of stocks . and picking off some.  

silver appears to be making an inverse h&s pattern it has to get over the neckline

dharma

#35 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 01:29 PM

gdx still in its pennant and gld in a down channel

sentiment

HGNSI was unchanged at 20%

. MarketVane’s bullish consensus was unchanged at 48%

DSI fell 4 points to just 44%, which is its lowest level since January 28, 2016.

sentiment has room to the upside. well dharma it could also fall. yes,it could

dharma

#36 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 09:55 AM

i can see a completed 5 on the gold/gld chart or it could have completed 3 of 1 w/us being in wave 4 here w/5 to follow . i am leaning towards it being a completed 1 w/2 so far being a shallow .236 correction. my work continues to show april as a pivot.  we have had several 1 day rally wonders, that disappear and get retraced.  through all of this the miners remain firm, they have drawn a pennant pattern on the gdx, which looks very bullish . miners lead up in a bull . and the last new high was in the gdx so gold should confirm that new high @some point. april 27th is the fed. if you listen to those people they are all over the map.  how long can these academics continue to have the full faith and confidence of the population!? i am now in wait and see mode.  not doing anything else , unless something i like gets taken behind the woodshed

the dollar took it on the chin yesterday vs the yen.  you would think that is not in abe/kurodas plans!

dharma

#37 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 11:49 AM

Panama papers gold bullish?

#38 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 01:49 PM

panama paper s -gold relevant?

the fomc minutes are out, nothing new. members on all sides of the equation=confusion.  

how many times did volker raise rates in 78,79, and 80 . one could get 15% at least for their money

yet gold still rose. the rising rates =bearish gold is pure rubbish.   it seems to me it depends on many 

factors.  the one time the fed rose gold rose and stocks swooned.  will they have the bravado to do it again???

the market is looking for a catalyst.  it has yet to appear.  la gardes statements  were important

waiting 

dharma

#39 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 02:52 PM

i read everyone! i read all day long. i like to know what everyone is thinking. maybe they have ideas that i havent accounted for in my strategy and thinking. and frankly what i see is todays market is no different than past phase 1 and approaching phase 2s .  analysts seem to all have new lows where they will get on the train , then in 1-3yrs they will be popping corks on Dom Pérignon. in my experience of 38yrs it doesnt work like that. bulls dont make it easy to get on board.  folks chase . they wait and wait and then they chase, sometimes/often it is at new forever highs. most of what i read is folks waiting for new lows.   well ok its a possibility. but the gld/gdx patterns looks bullish to me at least.  

dharma

gdx back to unch on the day

the fed minutes should make it apparent to all who read them , these clowns are confused at best. if you are looking for them to ride in on a white horse and save the day........... dont worry captain america will save u

sir alan says buy gold

#40 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 07:25 PM

dharma

Thanks and well said (Sir Alan too smile.png).  I remain 100% long in my PM miners positions.  There certainly is a possibility for a pullback from here and for me that is an opportunity to add.    

Peace
johngeorge