the next leg higher

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#51 goldfungus

goldfungus

• Traders-Talk User
  • 538 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 10:23 AM

@ around 6pm tonight mt mars goes direct.

silver is almost at friday brexit highs

this rally could extend into next week  , of course anything can happen.

i felt it prudent to cut some positions. and i will cut more . i cut all margin  sometime this month, and now i am cutting to have cash. i do see a buying opportunity either in aug/oct i will wait no matter what the time for that to develop

i have been studying the gold chart of 40yrs ago.  hadik talks about the 40yr cycle and 2 i traded through the end of that cycle. so its in my mind.  i also expect the conditions of that time to be fairly similar to the present bull ie. i am looking for stagflation.  this time there is not volker at the fed and interest rates will lag the conditions. and monetary policy will consider the very weak economic climate

the initial rally so far is about the same in % terms as it was then.  wave 2 retraced less than .382 of  1 . 77 was a much bigger appreciation of price than 76  where the gold price had been cut in 1/2 of course that was an 8.6 yr cycle and this is 3x that or 25.4 yrs. so the correction took much longer in the present scope.  time will become more compressed as we move forward.  the economic backdrop is lugging around a mountain of debt

once the stagflation starts to express itself , it will become obvious that miners are the place to be.  druckenmiller has an outstanding track record. if he is vocal  i will be listening

dharma

Everyone I've read in this forum is selling or cutting back.

#52 jacksterr

jacksterr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 10:42 AM

I haven't...

#53 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 11:53 AM

on that note whats interesting during the down phase 2 days before window dressing was always down. today is up for quarter end window dressing.  another show of change in trend

it wasnt easy for me to sell. i thought long and hard about it . the correction for wave 2 in 76 for gold was less then .382   the correction in 75/76 was .5% this correction from 11/15 was less than that.  we shall see  what happens when and if we correct

dharma

#54 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 02:34 PM

here is the #1 student of armstrong, seen taking notes , sitting up front in the forecaster.  this is a gold chart w/edelsons projection for gold  going into july 1 http://www.moneyandm...500/chart1l.jpg  talk about being a fade.   

dharma

#55 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:19 PM

Suppose a few of you are watching CKG

#56 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:23 PM

One that could be ripe

#57 goldfungus

goldfungus

• Traders-Talk User
  • 538 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:00 PM

One that could be ripe

Silver might play catch up! 

#58 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:23 AM

dougie

"One that could be ripe" 

I own GPL and am underwater with it so I am hoping silver has more to go.

Peace
johngeorge

#59 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:30 AM

at the end of the cycle silver does play ketchup!

what i find disturbing is china made no gold purchases in may. and now the russian cb has suspended its gold purchases.  w/india out of the market demand could be a problem holding price up. india will be back in the market in august, unless jaitley, who is essentially running the country has other plans. the mafia has put in a lackey  in rajans post.  the monsoon is quite normal at this point assuring that w/diwali gold demand out of india should be quite normal in august

dharma

mars changed direction and is now direct , but still in scorpio

next up bradley july 4th

#60 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:25 AM

there are lots of crosscurrents , but everyday(almost) my account keeps making new highs in spite of my stupidity!!!

will there be a currency crises? 

is china having some problems

what members of the eu are going to go bye bye

gdx made a new high gdxj has not

silver making new highs today , gold has not

bulls climb a wall of worry

and surprises are on the upside

1400s anyone. ?

crammer came on cnbs telling how much he loves gold and gold stocks! oh oh!  where was he in dec and january

dharma

Edited by dharma, 30 June 2016 - 11:31 AM.