• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#51 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 02:29 PM

Thanks for the updates dharma

I was buying today.  No new names.  Added to positions in explorers and junior miners. Starting to fill up only limited buying yet to do. 

Best to you smile.png

Peace
johngeorge

#52 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 02:44 PM

peak gold discovery happened in 95ish  then peak production happened in 14-15  

i ask myself this 

what is going to happen when countries, corporations, and investors wake up one day and realize their currency is just a promise

do u think there will be enough pms to go around at these prices

remember during the years 14-15 miners cut personnel , they cut expenses as much as possible, falling oil prices also helped

so miners are lean.  they will start to show  good profits.  

dharma

the longer riefel waits the more chesapeake will fetch.    the psychology will change kmkgf and clgrf were bought for a gold price of approx 170 in the ground.  these are not robust #s  

#53 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:05 PM

Anyone got tinka on the list?

#54 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 10:47 AM

why tinka?

by tomorrow we should know the outcome of the boj. i am seeing signs the rally from the dec lows is getting long in the tooth.  within the next 2 weeks we should the top.  then there will be a larger correction and a good buying opportunity- rates favor gold. raising rates, in the proper environment(like the 70s ) also favor gold. . in general cb actions, in the proper environment , favor gold    kuroda will be forced to take some kind of action ,what the program is  remains to be seen.   japan is still sliding down. 

today will be a consolidation of yesterdays gains.   tomorrow may be a different story. the japanese yen is seen as a risk off currency. abe/kuroda may change that perception. 

i will be raising cash over the next 2 weeks. although yesterday was  a good day, not a time to get too excited. the next time for that will be late oct/nov as the gold market turns up

dharma

#55 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 09:57 AM

1358 breaks into the next higher price cycle , now above 1341 we are between the 2 cycles = resistance between here and 1358 

i am looking for new highs over the next couple of weeks

gold breaking out of the falling wedge w/stochs hooking up

silver broke out of the flag the metals look good

dollar taking it on the chin.  

kuroda may get fired as raj did in india

http://www.bloomberg...latility-mounts

gold is well supported and indian buying has yet to begin

i will be wearing my sell hat as we approach or exceed the highs

dharma

#56 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 01:56 PM

the board remains dormant

i think before this top occurs  the market will create some excitement, to get some of those who missed the move to get in  

right now its just another oh hum 17 up day

dharma

#57 goldfungus

goldfungus

• Traders-Talk User
  • 538 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 02:02 PM

i think before this top occurs  the market will create some excitement, to get some of those who missed the move to get in  

dharma

I agree. You'll know when to pare some. For me that means trading positions only (NUGT). But one should not forget that this is a bull. Don't trade yourself out of it.

#58 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 02:47 PM

cots http://news.goldseek.../1469820787.php

note how short the commercials are the dollar! marty will have his handed to him after the election

dharma

gold fungus that is key!  getting left at the station  gets rid of years of strategizing in addition to leaving a bad taste in ones mouth its the ultimate mistake!

#59 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 03:26 PM

dharma

I agree. You'll know when to pare some. For me that means trading positions only (NUGT). But one should not forget that this is a bull. Don't trade yourself out of it.

Sage advice from a couple of the veterans of this board.  In a bull market stay invested and add to your core positions on pullbacks/corrections.  Keep some dry powder for adding and/or using for trading in and out.  I am a bull and believe this market has a long way to go.  dharma has consistently pointed out the insanity of printing and zero to negative interest rates along with reduced mining costs and flat to lowered mine output.  A great recipe for gold and the precious metal miners to continue higher and higher.  Throw in some inflation and it all adds up to profits for physical holders and precious metal mining owners.

Peace
johngeorge

#60 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 05:20 PM

Published: July 26, 2016 2:18 p.m. ET

Peace
johngeorge