continuing this leg higher

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 10:13 AM

it seems to me gold is coiling for a move  very soon. and i think its up . it seems the dollar/yen has broken down.   will the move come from a dollar tumble? are folks loosing confidence in the inept fed?   jackson hole  pork roast  comes up on the 28th and we approaching indian buying season.  i am sitting tight. here . if something i like gets taken to the wood shed , i will buy otherwise i am motivated to sit.  and  do nothing   if the market breaks down i will be forced to sell some.  just to cover the bases here. 

dharma

With you 100%

#42 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:53 PM

Hadik seems to suggest hard down fwiw

#43 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:05 AM

my thinking is this. 1325 and 1309 are support below the market . i am using the 1325 as a stop . i am buying some miners here. if i am wrong, i will get stopped out. for a small loss. if i am right and gold goes on to make new highs. then i will make good profits. so the risk/reward seems more than reasonable here.  i will not put on a big position, as i already have that. but i am adding.  its close to due to run or correct here.  due your own dd and come to your own conclusions. after all its your money , at least for now

i bought this morning.

keep in mind jackson hole  pork roast  is aug 26  so the market might be under pressure till then.  tkts on sale to the pork roast at tkt masters of the universe

dharma

in addition to the seasonal charts this election cycle chart says the fun is over for now

http://seasonalchart...d_election.html

Edited by dharma, 22 August 2016 - 10:10 AM.

#44 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:10 AM

We are in the range for a bottom here ($HUI 246.78 to 264.53)  - dipped below the upper end this am - still a ways to the bottom of the range - but could/should turn anywhere in the range for the next move higher.

#45 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 03:22 PM

the bull wants the fewest riders as possible.   so the miners, the leaders got slugged today, much like in july.  i almost sold some stuff back then, but decided to watch. and then the bull followed w/his horns.  i think the same thing happens here. if not i will cut bait.   i bought 3 issues behind the woodshed to day.  they have all been beaten. all have cash on hand for at least a year. and all were stellar performers. so we will see what comes out of jackson hole

35 yrs of bull market in bonds. 0 and ngative rates. bonds will become risk on again. as folks wake up to the reality. no one can afford to pay

dharma

#46 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 10:01 AM

ms came out bearish on the dollar  this in spite of martys call!   http://blogs.barrons...-on-the-dollar/

gold continues in the pennant pattern

and silver in a bull flag

yellens speech at jackson hole could have the effect of 1st way wrong way  bringing the market down to 1325 or even the 1309  support

but i think then the trend asserts itself.  wrong or right i do my own work.   and my work shows higher. into september.

gold will also be supported by oil  which appears to have made a wave 2 low.  

gold is being smuggled into india at a faster rate to avoid the import duties.  so, while india appears to be out of the market, its clearly not the case as gold is being smuggled in at a fast rate  http://economictimes...ow/53824246.cms

waiting on janet

dharma

#47 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:14 AM

scotia bank http://www.bloomberg...ealth-s-fishman

i  am in the camp for a bullish outcome of the yellen speech on friday.  and for gold to make a top w/in the next couple of weeks and then we see if it tests or even breaks the lows.  the 20yr bear market in mining shares vs gold  , which appears to have ended in 16 , but maybe not i am nibbling a little each day.  and am tempted to get back into gsv, its a good trading vehicle 

dharma

#48 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 12:50 PM

This stuff looks rather climatic for this swing.  DUST up 20 percent in two days, 36 on daily buy signal. 

Just saying....yes.gif

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#49 swanstkdh

swanstkdh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 896 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 01:06 PM

Super high volume there. Wouldnt be surprised if it marks a pending reversal.

#50 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 01:39 PM

We are in the range for a bottom here ($HUI 246.78 to 264.53)  - dipped below the upper end this am - still a ways to the bottom of the range - but could/should turn anywhere in the range for the next move higher.

Well "blew" the bottom of the range away today - looks rather ominous to me - lots and lots of chart damage here!  Be careful out there!