continuing this leg higher

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 10:57 AM

Dharma, I know the problem with NAK having traded it from about $2.00 in October 2008 to about $11.00 2 years later.

I was impressed with who were  the big shareholders of NAK and thought that they would get the minning permit despite

that super wealthy guy trying to stop them and spending millions for bad publicity about the project.

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#32 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 03:05 PM

does the fed have any credibility left?  

next is cocktail happy hour at jackson hole! 

where the fed head will express her views

dharma

#33 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 06:55 PM

?

CKG.v has always been a IT sell when it got this overbought on the weekly and monthly RSI

Anyone selling in here with the idea of buying back?

Edited by dougie, 17 August 2016 - 06:55 PM.

#34 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 06:57 PM

DARN 

EDV.to has gine from sub 4 to 26!

#35 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 06:58 PM

Nver mind that it fell from over 100

#36 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 07:31 PM

inresting juncture here. Maybe we spend 6 months putting in a right shoulder

#37 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 04:47 AM

?

CKG.v has always been a IT sell when it got this overbought on the weekly and monthly RSI

Anyone selling in here with the idea of buying back?

dougie

I think you are correct technically about time to sell.  I have been thinking about doing so and buying back, but, there is always the chance for the takeover bidding to start about the time I sell........blink.png

Peace
johngeorge

#38 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 07:33 AM

Dollar up against the yen this am.  That normally puts pressure on gold prices.  Could see more backing and filling until Jackson Hole shindig. That meeting could be critical regards gold's next move.

Peace
johngeorge

#39 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 10:38 AM

it all depends on how nimble one is technically. fundamentally chpgf is a huge strike w/gold , silver, and zinc( which has come up off the mat for a good run  inventories of zinc are low) . my costs on chpgf are very low. and i dont want to miss out so this is in the permanent portfolio and i can and will wait.   

my concern right here is the 1360 resistance area . so far we are churning unable to get above that area. as of yet i dont see indian demand, as a beg concern for me .   diwali is coming up and usually the lows are put on the seasonal charts and the market starts to climb due to indian demand

i am patient theup  trend is the prevailing wind. so ,i am sitting

a word on the miners. at the 11 top the miners were spending and buying projects at ridiculous prices. their expenses were also too high. they then caught a break from falling energy prices and began to cut fat, alot of fat. which brings us to 16  during the 5 years of lower gold prices. the majors worked the high grade of their mines.  they have depleted their resources.   i expect that soon, based on their need, they will start taking over projects   high grade mines will be taken off 1st.     chpgf is a low grade project w/extensive resources. it needs a gold price in this range or higher to be feasible.  if size is a factor then they can be taken out quickly.  its not what i expect( now that  means squat to the market)  there are high grade miners around  which are more likely to go 1st just my opinion. i dont feel i have to do something all the time. sitting is the hardest part and the most profitable. 

dharma

Edited by dharma, 18 August 2016 - 10:42 AM.

#40 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 10:08 AM

it seems to me gold is coiling for a move  very soon. and i think its up . it seems the dollar/yen has broken down.   will the move come from a dollar tumble? are folks loosing confidence in the inept fed?   jackson hole  pork roast  comes up on the 28th and we approaching indian buying season.  i am sitting tight. here . if something i like gets taken to the wood shed , i will buy otherwise i am motivated to sit.  and  do nothing   if the market breaks down i will be forced to sell some.  just to cover the bases here. 

dharma