3 is also about 10gld pts
5 could be really short the market is oversold
dharma

#112 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 10:11 AM

I have been very slowly accumulating and am about 15% of portfolio long gold stocks. I want to see some upside "price" confirmation before I get more agressively long. I continue to like the case for an "UGLY" bottom forming in this area and I do like how well some of the larger stocks like AEM/GOLD/NEM have been acting lately. At the end of the cycle the more speculative stuff usually acts the worst and the more conservative/larger stocks are accumulated and bot first, we see and as always DYODD

Senor

#113 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 10:15 AM

btw, the bitcoin is in 3 of 3 by volume, I dont remember how to make projections but

can imagine a number of nested 4-5 combinations to go. I will try to sell some somewhere,

not enough of the way into potential to think consider selling any yet.

Currently the 3 wave is 1.6 of the 1st. This is textbook stuff for entertainment.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#114 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 10:46 AM

bot an initial tranche of SLV at 14.95, as always DYODD

Senor

#115 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 11:19 AM

I have been very slowly accumulating and am about 15% of portfolio long gold stocks. I want to see some upside "price" confirmation before I get more agressively long. I continue to like the case for an "UGLY" bottom forming in this area and I do like how well some of the larger stocks like AEM/GOLD/NEM have been acting lately. At the end of the cycle the more speculative stuff usually acts the worst and the more conservative/larger stocks are accumulated and bot first, we see and as always DYODD

Senor

note that today these "leading" stocks made new highs since their decline lows the past 7-10 days, IMO that is smart money starting to perhaps move back into the sector, ABX should be added to that list as well

Pure BS

Senor

#116 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 11:24 AM

I don't yet feel able to rule out the possibility of a downside thrust in g&s. But, you may be right and this is all she wrote.

#117 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 11:34 AM

I don't yet feel able to rule out the possibility of a downside thrust in g&s. But, you may be right and this is all she wrote.

it could happen and I can't rule it out but the the gold stock action looks good to me "so far" and what makes me think it won't happen is that I think the DXY and dollar/Eur both had 5 down and this morning completed abc rallies and the next leg down could be underway, we see

Senor

#118 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 11:55 AM

senor posts his buys and prices. that is saying something because his money is where his mouth is
i play the bull , because that is what this is since 99 01 i have a trading position and a core. the core consists of stocks
that will be valued differently in the next leg. and then again in the 5th up. sure there is pain involved. its part of the
process. when down moves occur i trade i sold a chunk at the 1320s resistance and since i am buying back what i sold.
11/7 high it looks to me like we had a 1 and 3 of equal length and 5 is coming. it may be very short.
what i see is the set up for 17 from a fundamental backdrop looks better than it did for 16
under republican presidencys the dollar declines. the dems it goes up. a generalization
i also detect accumulation in the large miners. at least 1/2 the stocks in the gdx have not made new lows
w/interest rate rises i see money velocity getting out of its 20 yr deflationary trend. talk w/authority all you want
marty . stagflation is coming. and it wont be 2% -miners love that environment
i have a collection of charts from the 70s bull . based on the 40 yr cycle /fractal 17 is a better year
oh and if are screaming for a parabolic in 17 i for one dont see it
dharma

Edited by dharma, 23 December 2016 - 12:00 PM.

#119 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 12:38 PM

it should be a difficult time when trump re industrialization meets cheap foreign goods.

So for example I will take advantage of strong dollar (relativism, the dollar is only worth 4 cents) to finally get my Ducati, they have a new streetwise

version of the full race superbike that has made my mind, and I will end my mercedes lease for a mercedes purchase.

then trump will do an import tarrif that can be just passed on in prices. I have heard that domestic companies kept their chinese

imports priced high like 10% below domestic price to maximize profits (say a whirlpool for example). Thus the smallcap and deep value

stocks did best on anticipation of the trump internal domestic economic agenda, but think about prices with more expensive domestic

product in the future. Reversing antitrust monopoly in federal alphabet revolving door

monopoly "industries", slave non discretionaries medical and unemployable snowflake education, will be a long process.

But then price is necessary to reverse the tax farm labor depopulation.

It wont be easy and unpredictable in secular rotations. Probably just have to focus in on relative strength.

I remember before globalization, products were high, with essential human life non-dictionaries were low like

a week in the christian maternity hospital for $100.

Reversing all that is a disruptive process, no one knows yet.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#120 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 03:02 PM

miners holding up well going into last hr, a close near the session highs would look constructive chart wise

Senor