dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 03:58 PM

cots

http://news.goldseek.../1482525057.php

large specs selling   

commercials grinding their short position to a small position in gold

commercials continue to have an outsized dollar short.  

to me this is more and more favorable every week

dharma

#122 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 10:42 AM

reviewed a lot of charts, especially ratio oriented ones like Hui:gold, sil:slv, sil:gdx, slv:gld. Bottom line IMO is that they all look to have "possibly" important secondary lows late this week and could soon turn sharply higher. Note that "if" my read on this is correct then as we rally, assuming we do, silver should also start to outperform. I ended the week about 20% long with a weighting toward the silver sector. Happy Holidays ALL!

NO BS

Senor

Edited by senorBS, 24 December 2016 - 10:48 AM.

#123 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 05:42 PM

happy holidays to all
dharma

#124 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 08:59 PM

Senor, got a DSI for Friday's gold close?

#125 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 10:28 AM

5-10-21 day MA's are all in single digits under 10% levels as of Thursday close, Happy Holidays!!!!!!

NO BS

Senor

#126 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:29 AM

an upday so far a rare event since the election. it was a string of something like 7 weeks in a row where gold was down. i
think this is going to reverse , if it hasnt already. this is what wave 2s do , ie they get people bearish for the set up of
wave 3. in this case the sentiment was even move bearish than the lows of dec 15
the cots too have come around to a more bullish stance. now we just need the market to cooperate
gdx is in a bull wedge i want to see the market come out of the top of the wedge.
dharma

#127 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 12:01 PM

we are in the time band for a trend change, and its happening, not in a V bottom type of thing. i think the miners at some point
soon will outperform. interesting folks wake up to the strong dollar after it is strong. we will see if the dollar remains strong
my guess is beyond the 1st quarter i dont think so. while i think trumo will do very positive things for the us economy i also think
to implement any changes is going to cost big money= even bigger debt. all the wars under obama have been very costly in so many
ways
dharma

#128 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 12:29 PM

keep in mind that january tends to be one of the best performing months for gold
http://seasonalchart...ssics_gold.html
dharma

#129 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 12:56 PM

i just want to point out that as in january gdx has an island reversal happening
and since the election gold has been under its 10dma yesterday and today
gld is above its 10dma something different is happening
also, under repulican presidents the dollar goes down and under democrats it goes up
easy to check just overlay the presidents over the chart.
slowly change is afoot
dharma

Edited by dharma, 28 December 2016 - 01:02 PM.

#130 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 08:21 PM

i just want to point out that as in january gdx has an island reversal happening
and since the election gold has been under its 10dma yesterday and today
gld is above its 10dma something different is happening
also, under repulican presidents the dollar goes down and under democrats it goes up
easy to check just overlay the presidents over the chart.
slowly change is afoot
dharma

Dharma, besides you and I, I wonder who is actually long gold/miners? There are a few here but if you and I did not post like we do this place would be a wasteland. Rallies off bottoms like to occur with the train almost empty, I think it is mission accomplished, we see

NO BS

Senor