deliberations

gold took out the feb highs

gdx did not 

dsi reached 90 its highest reading since 2012

hgnsi hit 56 not quite its level of last may

open interest expanded by 2%

the fact is this is all worrisome to me

while the individual charts look good the whole picture looks a little bloated

then on april 29, if nothing is done or no agreement is reached the us govt runs out of money

there are so many voters in france that are in the undecided camp. a  le pen victory can send folks scrambling creating alot of uncertainty

dharma  this whole picture  is one of discomfort for me. 

#332 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:18 AM

227 on the hui is the level where it can no longer be denied that we are in the next wave up imo

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#333 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:12 AM

on the other side

the president of the USA is calling for a lower dollar

he is also sending a fleet off the korean peninsula. 

syria is a focal point , w/o syria a pipe cannot be built into europe

russia has the only pipe and they are on the other side , as syrias backer

i  have taken the side , long pms, that the president talking the dollar down is a huge

factor. imo w/dsi hitting 90 , sentiment is bloated. 

dharma

i only buy individual stock , i dont buy any of the mining indexes.  they can be another 

whole set of problems as gdxj is now experiencing.  the fact remains its a small cap sector

when if comes into vogue  it will race

#334 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,970 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:42 AM

dollar looks bad here, gold with a very nice reversal but miners while off low just can't get going "so far", something's gotta give here

Senor

#335 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,970 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:59 AM

dollar looks bad here, gold with a very nice reversal but miners while off low just can't get going "so far", something's gotta give here

Senor

seems to be a "near term" battle here whether miners go up with gold or down with the stock market

#336 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:43 PM

Senor

seems to be a "near term" battle here whether miners go up with gold or down with the stock market

that is always the issue when investing w/the miners. if the broad market crashes, then miners go down for sure, imo.  otherwise its a guess.  it just feels to me like something is going to happen. we will see. lumber prices hit 12 yr highs. usually a forerunner of inflation.   i am in this market for the next 3-5 yrs it will be my focal point. hopefully after that i will be out to stud, errr pasture.    dharma

i have started reading jsmineset.com again. jim is from a bankster family he has insights into the gold market that few have. and he was a prominent force in the gold market back in the day.  dont know about anyone else on his site, but jims insights are worth the read

Edited by dharma, 18 April 2017 - 01:46 PM.

#337 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:20 AM

dharma

"lumber prices hit 12 yr highs. usually a forerunner of inflation."

I have been watching the lumber number for more years than I care to count.  Yes, I can wholeheartedly agree, lumber number is generally an excellent guide to future inflation.  In the next few years I believe gold will buy lots of lumber. smile.png

"I am in this market for the next 3-5 yrs it will be my focal point. hopefully after that i will be out to stud, errr pasture." 

You too eh?  In 5 years I will be 78 and that is way old enough to be pasturing and not trading.  Smelling the roses so to speak.  Studding not so much......mellow.png

Peace
johngeorge

#338 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:31 AM

ha ha in five year i will be 74 i am just a whipper snapper ha ha. what are your thoughts on the dollar here john 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#339 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:52 AM

gannman

Yes, you are just a young whipper snapper.  Regards the dollar I think it will continue to weaken.  Perhaps a good chance to see 97 in the not too distant future.  But, that is just a guesstimate on my part.  Will see. 

Best to you. smile.png

Peace
johngeorge

#340 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,970 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:48 AM

KLDX 1st qtr operating results out and first perusal looks about as expected with heavy snow affecting milling (but not mining) results in Nevada (old news), their full yr 2017 production targets remain the same. Really looks like a second half story - its already past mid April and how low does it go?