wave 3?

• Please log in to reply
405 replies to this topic

#351 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:55 AM

yesterday was some sort of climax, i got stopped out of some trades for small losses. some of the stocks i follow are oversold w/daily divergences. not sure if we finished here or this is a pause the 1277 is acting as good support.  my feeling is this pullback will be the last before gold takes off. sure i could be wrong.  but that is my opinion.  

there are several factors that lead me to that conclusion. which i am not going to write about.  

we shall see

dharma

french elections sunday

#352 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:35 AM

yesterday was some sort of climax, i got stopped out of some trades for small losses. some of the stocks i follow are oversold w/daily divergences. not sure if we finished here or this is a pause the 1277 is acting as good support.  my feeling is this pullback will be the last before gold takes off. sure i could be wrong.  but that is my opinion.  

there are several factors that lead me to that conclusion. which i am not going to write about.  

we shall see

dharma

french elections sunday

dharma

I think we are near to a reversal in gold to the upside.  Too many stocks oversold (I use Wilder rsi 9) and as you mention gold is holding up well.  I remain bullish.

Peace
johngeorge

#353 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:43 AM

Hey Senor, would you agree silver "could" be completing an irregular flat?

#354 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:13 PM

Hey Senor, would you agree silver "could" be completing an irregular flat?

could be but I prefer that recent high ended 5 up from mid march low for possible i of 3 or C and this is wave "ii" back at area of previous 4th wave support, unless its bearish of course

Senor

#355 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:24 PM

28th the debt ceiling comes to the fore.  will this become a political football. 

copper makes new lows for the year

added to gsv here. not investment advice do your own dd, i know nothing

i do like the land package they purchased , buying battle mountain gold, also in nevada.  i like everything the company is doing

gg owns 9.9%

ocanf owns 19.9% of the company

they are a takeover candidate.  , who know when ?

dont know if we bottomed , but i think we are close. 

dharma

#356 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:22 AM

just looking at a lot of charts tonight bottom line i would say apr 13 started a c wave in an abc correction 

whenever we can take out the 200dma in the hui  that will confirm imo the next wave up is in progress

so i am sitting not trading and feeling real good . the chart of hl  hecla is pretty revealing and really

shows what is going on that stock imo is a buy but just my take 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#357 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:10 AM

and one last thought here the metals are holding up very well. if you say the rally from 3 15 to 4 13 was a B wave 

the the B wave took out the wave 1 top in both gld and slv. implying to me a very strong rally coming when we 

start wave 3 of this sequence wave 1 having started dec 20 2016 . 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#358 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:08 AM

Good time for some reflection and perspective about this very interesting week. Seems like a lot of bearish angst has been generated by the miner weakness exacerbated by how the ongoing GDXJ re-balancing has played havoc with some stocks and ETF's. Yet I just looked at a weekly gold chart and frankly it still looks best counted as still being in a large 3rd wave higher - prices are now at 1287, just $5 below the rally high and TIED with last weeks 1287 close which was the highest close of the year and since last October. Lots and lots of "noise here", but can we hear/discern the "real" message?

BSing away

Senor

#359 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:16 AM

Good time for some reflection and perspective about this very interesting week. Seems like a lot of bearish angst has been generated by the miner weakness exacerbated by how the ongoing GDXJ re-balancing has played havoc with some stocks and ETF's. Yet I just looked at a weekly gold chart and frankly it still looks best counted as still being in a large 3rd wave higher - prices are now at 1287, just $5 below the rally high and TIED with last weeks 1287 close which was the highest close of the year and since last October. Lots and lots of "noise here", but can we hear/discern the "real" message?

BSing away

Senor

i think that i catch your message here. well said. the key for me is to not get caught in all the wiggles.  in spite of golds large correction from 11-16  which was a pause that refreshes(after 01-11 of price appreciation).  the truth is i believe we are close to a tipping point.  take out that downtrend line from 11 and it alerts a whole breed of market participants.  i am positioned and waiting for the resolution. will it be the 1st vote in the french election?   what effect will the iranian vote have?   the fed is raising rates so when the recession hits they have room to lower rates.  as i have said for years now. the fed is in hotel california! they can never leave.  so avoid shooting yourself in the foot.  do what makes you comfortable, hopefully that makes you money. 17 is the gateway to the start of something big

dharma

#360 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:24 AM

BSing away

Senor

i think that i catch your message here. well said. the key for me is to not get caught in all the wiggles.  in spite of golds large correction from 11-16  which was a pause that refreshes(after 01-11 of price appreciation).  the truth is i believe we are close to a tipping point.  take out that downtrend line from 11 and it alerts a whole breed of market participants.  i am positioned and waiting for the resolution. will it be the 1st vote in the french election?   what effect will the iranian vote have?   the fed is raising rates so when the recession hits they have room to lower rates.  as i have said for years now. the fed is in hotel california! they can never leave.  so avoid shooting yourself in the foot.  do what makes you comfortable, hopefully that makes you money. 17 is the gateway to the start of something big

dharma

I "feel" I am not nearly long enough (15% currently) but I think next week just might possibly be the time to flip the switch in a big way, remember I said "just might". IMO the fact that so far gold is hanging so close to the downtrend line for this long and not selling off hardly at all, after challenging it for many days now, is IMO "indicating" we could break out above 1300 decisively and soon. we'll see

Senor