wave 3?

• Please log in to reply
405 replies to this topic

#341 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:11 AM

KLDX 1st qtr operating results out and first perusal looks about as expected with heavy snow affecting milling (but not mining) results in Nevada (old news), their full yr 2017 production targets remain the same. Really looks like a second half story - its already past mid April and how low does it go?

From the way gold is acting  this am perhaps much lower.

Peace
johngeorge

#342 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:39 AM

Been looking at the daily chart of GDXJ, one can make a "decent" case it has 5 up from 32.66 March intraday 7 low to its 38.57 March 16 rally high, From that high one can make a case we have been tracing out an abc decline with wave c "possibly" bottoming at today's 34.96 low - the .618 Fibonacci retracement is 34.91. Note that because of GDXJ weakness the April 12 high (possible "b" wave) did not like a lot of other stuff make new rally highs. Critical juncture here and I'd say a significant and sustained decline below 34.90 would have me thinking it's going below the 32.66 March 7 low

Senor

Edited by senorBS, 19 April 2017 - 09:42 AM.

#343 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:03 AM

lots of gap fills going on right now, so IMO we either bottom in this area or we could go significantly lower

Senor

#344 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,623 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:46 AM

senor , definitely a possibility. 1261, 1277(hit today) are support 1293 , 1308 are resistance.1245 is the death zone for this decline..geopolitical markets have been short affairs , w/the market returning to where it was before the event occurred.  in addition the commercials over the last couple of weeks have expanded their gold short positions.   

all of this action is there on the seasonal chart of gold http://www.seasonalc...ssics_gold.html   now if that holds true this was a top not the highest price top. 

what i see is the economic backdrop is heading into recession in the usa. trump promised alot of seemingly good things for the economy . so far none of those promises have born fruit.  the geopolitical seen is as warlike as i have seen in my lifetime.  and there are these huge mountains of debt, which can never be paid.  w/the bulk of my resources i am not trading.  i will be adding when my parameters occur. 

dharma

w/ the shortsided view of van eck who did not foresee the gdxj would be way oversubscribed to , its difficult to get a true read on the small miners. and for good measure they bought some gdx for the gdxj index.  hopefully they come up w/a more sustainable index . which is easier said than done. the small caps , at this point have a very small market cap.  as we march forward here , i see more $$$ arriving in the sector.  w/lumber prices hitting a 12 yr high, a forerunner of inflation it is saying the fed is behind the curve and inflation is rising. in that environment , miners are a destination.  

soon we have the french and iranian elections. 

#345 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:26 PM

Dharma, this is also about as vulnerable to a really large selloff I have seen the Dow/&P in a long time, looks ugly today. Holding a core 15% long miner position after a few stop outs today

Senor

#346 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,623 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:40 PM

i can now see this lasting into the beginning of may

dharma

the frothy dsi  was the giveaway. along w/the commercials expanding short positions

#347 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:27 PM

yes no way we started a wave 3 up with this kind of action here i would say this is 5 of a C wave 

when ever it finishes it finishes 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#348 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:46 PM

Not much joy here, end of day Weds.

jg5v87.jpg

#349 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,070 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:01 AM

Oh yeah

lots of gap fills going on right now, so IMO we either bottom in this area or we could go significantly lower

Senor

#350 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:51 AM

Dougie, I'm curious, where did you get 1305 from?