My trading plan right now

• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

#181 lawdog

lawdog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:08 AM

bot 6% position in short spx; still have my short naz100. if we get an intraday bounce, will likely add to the short and double my vxx.

#182 lawdog

lawdog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:12 AM

per the polls, the responders are quite beared up. don't think it is extreme enough for Mark to declare it a sell, but I am calling it a sell. very dangerous these days to be short.

#183 lawdog

lawdog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:05 PM

not too thrilled with my short positions. I think this market is getting ready to shoot higher again. I will get getting out of my small short positions most likely by end of day along with the vxx.

#184 lawdog

lawdog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:55 PM

guess I will hold my small short positions. here's why: spx has not gone up, is weakening a little near the close, breadth is fairly weak and tick is near +1000, so maybe it is exhausted. that's enough to keep me in for now.

#185 Rich C

Rich C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 367 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 05:01 PM

I think I sold out 2 weeks ago, have not missed much in that time.  I have a new grandson, that was fun!  The media will go berserk this week with Comey's testimony on Thur. AM.  When we found out Comey had documented his conversations with Trump, the market sold off hard that Wed.  I'm thinking it will be hard to make much progress this week, and depending on what Comey says, we could have trouble on Thur.  Market is overbought on the daily chart.  We've seen softness in autos and home sales, then the employment report.  I'm cautious here, in the short term.

Edited by Rich C, 05 June 2017 - 05:02 PM.

Blogging at http://RichInvesting.wordpress.com

My swing trades typically last a couple of weeks to a couple of months. 

#186 lawdog

lawdog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:26 PM

Congrats, Rich, on the grandson. 

I think you missed a lot in the last 2 weeks!

As you can see from my small positions, I am very cautious here; don't have much of an opinion. 

Comey will be a big yawner just like all the other stuff that has supposed to have been blockbuster. What a self-important, self-serving piece of work he is.

#187 lawdog

lawdog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:30 PM

Congrats, Rich, on the grandson. 

I think you missed a lot in the last 2 weeks!

As you can see from my small positions, I am very cautious here; don't have much of an opinion. 

Comey will be a big yawner just like all the other stuff that has supposed to have been blockbuster. What a self-important, self-serving piece of work he is.

Of course, aren't we all.

#188 lawdog

lawdog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:39 AM

so, what do you do now? small gains in shorts. lately such small gains turn into big losses within 24 hours. may as well hold on and see what develops. the market will decline in earnest some day; maybe now?

#189 lawdog

lawdog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:42 AM

silver is doing great. definitely looking for higher highs there.

#190 lawdog

lawdog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:45 AM

half of the decline already gone. figures. maybe i will increase my short.