what now?

• Please log in to reply
475 replies to this topic

#431 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:54 PM

i think govts continue to ramp up their gold buying programs. trust amongst cbs will continue to erode. some 350tonnes of gold will be bought by govts this year

the indian govt has taken 50 and 100rps notes off the market. indians will ramp up their gold buying . especially as their country continues to gain in wealth

https://gracelandupd...017sep2cad1.png

dharma

#432 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 07:15 PM

adding to my stronger 401k gold mutuals in case this week is huge and a higher allocation is needed

in case stock funds are weak, I plan to sell more stock funds in the 2nd week from now which may be

the gold pullback week.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#433 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:55 AM

keep in mind from 13-16 miners got lean, they cut costs,  so at these and higher gold prices miner make lots of money $$ and vs gold miners are undervalued. at some point in this run miners and silver will be the leaders and appreciate the most.  golds leadership role will change  just a reminder. 18 will be a better year than 17 for the sector

currency wars , lead to trade wars, which lead to shooting wars.  that is the cycle

dharma

Edited by dharma, 05 September 2017 - 09:56 AM.

#434 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 606 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:42 AM

gold-dollar-ratio-testing-top-of-trading

#435 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 606 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:45 AM

Sid Norris interview on last Sunday- Gold, copper and platinum.

http://www.kereport....ds/0902-1-3.mp3

#436 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:42 PM

quiet around here, that is good

reading , everyone seems to be top calling. that is good.  we will have a short term top at some point. then a pullback for 2 of 3 , then buckle up

the market will get more dramatic.   still thinking wave 5 will be the kahuna

dharma

#437 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 02:51 PM

1341 finishes this price cycle

1358 begins the next price cycle. 

could consolidate a bit

dharma

#438 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:51 AM

Dharma, which newsletter writers do you favor? My preferred one is Hadik.

#439 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:04 AM

there are different kinds of markets, down, choppy-essentially tr, and straight up or trending. the money is made in trending markets. the others are where money is generally thrown back.  in 80 the analysts had their arrows pointed to 1k    so they were left watching as gold got to 875 ish and then headed down.  analysts need to remain level headed so they are not victims of being caught up in drawing arrows to the sky.   when time is up the trend changes.  i like hadik and stewart thompson.  stewart thompson is not selling some that he bought at the july lows., not a bad strategy.  i will sell some shares when i feel we are closer to time being up and the market displaying toppy action. i rely on oscillators. . now i realize that oscillators get you out to soon, divergences occur and then the market takes them out. and that is a bull market. i think this wave has much further to go  currency wars, lead to trade wars, lead to shooting wars.  that is history.  we also have the debt ceiling show yet, to be given a thought or a mention.   what comes out of that will be interesting.  the fed will get in the way at some point and panic.  then gold will shine brightly. folks will start to distrust, when that happens its game on . 

zinc  has gone through the standard commodity progression. prices were down, production cut, mines shuttered taking supply off the market  prices rise, not enough supply (it takes awhile for mines to ramp back up)  so zinc is a nice metal to have as its found along side gold/silver. 

metates has a vast gold supply and zinc. someone will come knocking.. i am accumulating a shot in the dark, that has silver and zinc not w/big money. just having a presence.  

dharma 

Edited by dharma, 06 September 2017 - 09:12 AM.

#440 risk_management

risk_management

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:24 AM

Commodities like to trend and once they start trending they prefer to stay that way.  What's important here is that the fed rate hike odds are below 40% for all the way into Aug of 2018.  In other words, it's just not going to happen.  As I said before, I think GDX is going to crawl in 20s, run in 30s and fly in 40s.