emerging wave 3?

• Please log in to reply
634 replies to this topic

#601 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 10:04 AM

Senor, I may have asked this before but I'm unclear. Do you know how the DSI is calculated?

well, it's almost "scary" when the script of 5 up plays out like it currently is, now correcting the 5 up in gold and a continuing consolidation in the miner ETF/indices. IMO  is does not get better than this buy as always it's an opinion and a best guess and DYODD

Senor

#602 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 10:39 AM

They say they solicit the opinions of small traders across 40 markets daily. I'm skeptical and think it may be a euphemism for some kind of measurement of premium in options, or futures or in spreads. I thought perhaps there might be some inside knowledge of how they really do it.

#603 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:02 AM

They say they solicit the opinions of small traders across 40 markets daily. I'm skeptical and think it may be a euphemism for some kind of measurement of premium in options, or futures or in spreads. I thought perhaps there might be some inside knowledge of how they really do it.

i do not

#604 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,057 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:29 AM

Yes it could well be

Edited by dougie, 15 December 2017 - 11:32 AM.

#605 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,057 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:30 AM

Thanks.

[/quote]I dunno, to my eye looks like a 3-3-5 move off dec lows[/quote]cool, go short then and don't buy. I'll hold long based on what these old eyes see and we'll see how it works out:yes:

Senor[/quote]Testy aren't we.
I am rarely short now as the fundamentals are against that side but I am not nearly as long as I might be
[/quote]Not testy at all amigo, gold with its new overnight high IMO now has "at least" 5 up hourly from its recent decline low, silver needs to get to 16.15 to do the same. Counting waves is an art not a science as it is interpretative, let's see who "paints" the more accurate picture here, I am getting more and more bullish. And if gold did end a 5th wave we could see the miners continue to correct a bit more, but simply more bullish evidence IMO and likely confirmation of my 5 up count in GDX/XAU/HUI

Senor[/quote][/quote]

Edited by dougie, 15 December 2017 - 11:31 AM.

#606 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:59 AM

i dont think martys scenario for the dollar plays out that way. i could elaborate , if anyones interested. i do think the euro is in trouble and maybe big trouble . they are still in ease and qe mode. china matched the usa yesterday bcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/latest-yellen-slated-news-conference-51770676

gundlach was on cnbc yesterday , he is very bullish on commodities for 18, i agree w/him https://www.cnbc.com...ommodities.html

the backdrop for gold looks better and better

debt ceiling on the 22, if they let the govt go broke, then what will the sentiment be for the dollar , government , and congress. 

saudi arabia keeps the pressure on yemen, they have put a blockade in place which is starving the people of yemen

the mid east is a potential powder keg , w/trumps move of making jerusalem the capital of israel , i believe this is the #1 powder keg in the world and of course we have probably taken the wrong side.in all of this. 

then there is the kid in n/korea itching for a fight.  what a world

my work has this time frame  starting the 20th as a 150yr cosmic event volatility should increase between then and the 25th

by the way hadik is very bullish fwiw  Gold Stocks Trigger Buy Signal ==

Fulfill 2 - 3 Month & 6 - 12 Month Downside Objectives!

Early-Feb. ’17 & Early-Sept. ‘17 Analysis Fulfilled.

dharma

i suspect we correct into the equinox or thereabouts

Edited by dharma, 15 December 2017 - 12:01 PM.

#607 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:08 PM

i dont think martys scenario for the dollar plays out that way. i could elaborate , if anyones interested. i do think the euro is in trouble and maybe big trouble . they are still in ease and qe mode. china matched the usa yesterday bcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/latest-yellen-slated-news-conference-51770676

gundlach was on cnbc yesterday , he is very bullish on commodities for 18, i agree w/him https://www.cnbc.com...ommodities.html

the backdrop for gold looks better and better

debt ceiling on the 22, if they let the govt go broke, then what will the sentiment be for the dollar , government , and congress. 

saudi arabia keeps the pressure on yemen, they have put a blockade in place which is starving the people of yemen

the mid east is a potential powder keg , w/trumps move of making jerusalem the capital of israel , i believe this is the #1 powder keg in the world and of course we have probably taken the wrong side.in all of this. 

then there is the kid in n/korea itching for a fight.  what a world

my work has this time frame  starting the 20th as a 150yr cosmic event volatility should increase between then and the 25th

by the way hadik is very bullish fwiw  Gold Stocks Trigger Buy Signal ==

Fulfill 2 - 3 Month & 6 - 12 Month Downside Objectives!

Early-Feb. ’17 & Early-Sept. ‘17 Analysis Fulfilled.

dharma

i suspect we correct into the equinox or thereabouts

This is IMO the best intermediate potential bullish setup we have seen all yr in the miners/metals, that of course guarantees nothing but the risk/reward here IMO is about as good as it gets, holding 60% long and I likely get longer on a modest pullback here with all the five ups I see. As always DYODD

BSing away

Senor

#608 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 01:16 PM

this rally we had after fed meeting is not looking so impressive anymore. there should have been immediate and unrelenting follow through, instead it looks like we are going to get a lump of coal for xmas while everyone else will be getting 1000 iphones and 20,000bitcoins.

the fed meeting rally must have been short term short covering.

i guess to get everyone in the gold market the most bearish we need to take out the december 2016 low in the HUI of 160....go slightly under there and then reverse hard up and fast to new highs.

in some sense however that seems too predicable because it is the same thing that happened at the end of 2015.

in the first half of January 2015 the gold miners plunged fast in capitulation, but why ????? at that time the sp500 was in a very bearish selloff as well...  and what sucks now is that the US Stock market is at very high risk of some type of nasty pullback but it probably wont happen until very close to end of year... so it would seem the stock market may pull the miners down again into early january for similar setup.

#609 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 01:25 PM

I'm on board for a (higher) low around Jan 1st give or take a week.

#610 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 02:19 PM

this rally we had after fed meeting is not looking so impressive anymore. there should have been immediate and unrelenting follow through, instead it looks like we are going to get a lump of coal for xmas while everyone else will be getting 1000 iphones and 20,000bitcoins.

the fed meeting rally must have been short term short covering.

i guess to get everyone in the gold market the most bearish we need to take out the december 2016 low in the HUI of 160....go slightly under there and then reverse hard up and fast to new highs.

in some sense however that seems too predicable because it is the same thing that happened at the end of 2015.

in the first half of January 2015 the gold miners plunged fast in capitulation, but why ????? at that time the sp500 was in a very bearish selloff as well...  and what sucks now is that the US Stock market is at very high risk of some type of nasty pullback but it probably wont happen until very close to end of year... so it would seem the stock market may pull the miners down again into early january for similar setup.

I like the look and structure of the rally, frankly for me I could not ask for more, I guess we all look at different things different ways. I don't expect a launch this time of year, frankly would prefer a solid and stead up move into tr end which I think is what we will likely get, we see

Senor