emerging wave 3

• Please log in to reply
1565 replies to this topic

#1251 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:22 PM

Yes, Senor.  Lots of tension being felt here with an eye to $1425 gold once this breaks loose.  Thank you for your always thoughtful posting. 

Looks like "the boyz" tried to hit the big guys like Gold, NEM, and AEM to bring the sector down, lets see if AEM and NEM and gold itself can now reverse sharply higher?

Senor

Hmmm, nice to see "da boyz" attempt to beat up gold/Nem/Aem is becoming a lost cause for today, gld just went positive, Nem barely negative, AEM nicely off session low but lagging a bit - could't happen to a "nicer" bunch of folks, and da beat goes on

Senor

#1252 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 01:20 PM

gdx has acheived some kind of bottom here. how important it is will reveal itself shortly

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#1253 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 07:44 AM

we may finally be close here on Silver...just a daily close over 16.75 to turn the tide...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#1254 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:32 AM

Like what I see so far, lets get gold back above 1300 and I like even more, silver/Plat/Pal looking good here, about 60% long

Senor

#1255 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 605 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:50 AM

silver-gold-ratio-attempting-breakout-ab

#1256 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 09:58 AM

gannman it is entirely possible that C ended sunday night./monday morning. its a little early for me to definitively come to that conclusion.  i do see the dollar/yen  riskon/riskoff  looks toppy and is an area of resistance.  

much like the late 60s the pressure is mounting for a good dose of stagflation.  oil prices leading the way. the oil embargo in 72/73 kicked it off and nixon then closed the gold window.  the inflationary pressures are mounting. crb has firmed up.  the backdrop looks good. those mountains of debt assure that the usa government will continue to have huge borrowing needs.   the stage is set

seasonally we are at or very close to the low demand part of the year for gold =june/july.  i suspect we could be looking at it right here. seems like a low risk trade.  still not completely sold that 1277 isnt tested.  BUT i do see the possibility that C has ended. the dsi @10 last week was a key. the sector is hated.  and the arrows to 1k grew more numerous and loud

nibbling on quality mining stocks whose valuations are at or near historic levels

dharma

recapturing the round # and above 1309 would then settle the deliberation for me time is not a factor  here, but price is

the fed meets in june . its settled the market believes powell will raise rates.  they are raising rates , because of mounting inflation pressures and also they have room to lower when the next recession hits. this expansion is very long in the tooth

Edited by dharma, 22 May 2018 - 10:03 AM.

#1257 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,052 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:43 AM

Gap up manana in miners would leave island?

#1258 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 12:00 PM

gannman it is entirely possible that C ended sunday night./monday morning. its a little early for me to definitively come to that conclusion.  i do see the dollar/yen  riskon/riskoff  looks toppy and is an area of resistance.  

much like the late 60s the pressure is mounting for a good dose of stagflation.  oil prices leading the way. the oil embargo in 72/73 kicked it off and nixon then closed the gold window.  the inflationary pressures are mounting. crb has firmed up.  the backdrop looks good. those mountains of debt assure that the usa government will continue to have huge borrowing needs.   the stage is set

seasonally we are at or very close to the low demand part of the year for gold =june/july.  i suspect we could be looking at it right here. seems like a low risk trade.  still not completely sold that 1277 isnt tested.  BUT i do see the possibility that C has ended. the dsi @10 last week was a key. the sector is hated.  and the arrows to 1k grew more numerous and loud

nibbling on quality mining stocks whose valuations are at or near historic levels

dharma

recapturing the round # and above 1309 would then settle the deliberation for me time is not a factor  here, but price is

the fed meets in june . its settled the market believes powell will raise rates.  they are raising rates , because of mounting inflation pressures and also they have room to lower when the next recession hits. this expansion is very long in the tooth

Si, CRB up again to new highs at 206.50 area, 5-day gold and silver sentiment at a very low 13% area, and da beat goes on

Senor

#1259 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:37 PM

Not definitive but might have 5 up (15 min chart) from low at 1282 to 1296, under that count prev 4th wave support and .618 retrace at 1288 area would be key support and possible short term downside correction target, we see

Senor

#1260 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 03:24 PM

fwiw guys from the 5 11 top we are very close to completing 5 waves down 

so we will get some kind of rally what it will be we will see

the time segmented volume on both gdx and gdxj looks good it is above zero so that is a plus

on gld the tsv is not above zero fwiw 

i want to see what we get when we finish this sequence from may 11 which could be tomorrow 

the tsv on slv is positive fwiw

Edited by gannman, 22 May 2018 - 03:25 PM.

feeling mellow with the yellow metal