emerging wave 3

• Please log in to reply
1565 replies to this topic

#1321 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,047 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 07:42 AM

Well, after last Bull failure, Silver bears not able to get much of anything going....

Another move over 16.50 now could setup a launch effort that finally takes out the declining tops...

This is one super tight wedgie. and one day it WILL break out....time is likely running out, so Bulls must acct pretty soon if they want the breakout to be upside...

Edited by K Wave, 30 May 2018 - 07:42 AM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#1322 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,047 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 08:40 AM

No one talking much about Platinum.

What is you guys take on the record low Platinum to Gold Ratio?  Currently right near record low, under .7, after a 10 year bear market in Platinum.

Looks to me that if Platinum breaks over 1K again, could be another massive bull run....

Edited by K Wave, 30 May 2018 - 08:41 AM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#1323 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,047 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 08:53 AM

Say if Gold went to 2K, and Platinum/Gold went back to 1:1 (a level it has been above for the vast majority of its history), Platinum gains would far exceed Gold percentagewise.....by like 2:1.

#1324 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:32 AM

K wave, you are right, platinum - and silver too.

#1325 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:45 AM

cbs hold gold 

they do not hold silver or platinum

platinum is primarily used in catalytic converters. w/the rise of electric car use platinum has done a similar thing as silver.   

i dont know if platinum will shine bright again. definitely the relationship w/gold is quite elastic.   its a gamble

silver has many industrial uses, it is also a monetary metal. what i saw in the 70s  was end users were forced to stock up on silver as price rose, 

however much of the silver supply was in the hand of speculators.  i believe that will be the case again.  sure the 80:1 ratio will come in quite a bit

but its musical chairs. i like silver it is a speculation. at the downside of the top , the door will not be wide enough

dharma

#1326 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:56 AM

i like this chart  it demonstrates clearly the republicans want a strong dollar !   right? https://gracelandupd...0usdsanity1.png

if you look over facts as to discoveries of gold , it is clear that big finds are nearly non existent.  and grade has gone down considerably.   the majors have been forced to run lower and lower grade, they have refrained from buying  they have taken stakes in a # of juniors.  after breaking above 1400 the feeding frenzy will commence.     on the surface not much is happening in the sector. however, the pms have moved to strong hands, and the weak speculators are paring back and getting out. i think the cots are a reflection of this .  after being beat up the large specs are catching clues.  i cant say when  , although i thinks its very soon , the breakout will occur . the internals of the market continue to improve and wage pressures will start to be felt.   the fed is on a course of tightening rates, they are of course behind the curve and will continue to be there.   being overly aggressive will put you in the boat w/the large specs=bait.  there is a large pennant in gold and the scam was to have a couple of days breaking down out of the pennant. yes monet was at work. we are back in the pennant. 

any time now

dharma

#1327 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,047 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 10:34 AM

platinum is primarily used in catalytic converters. w/the rise of electric car use platinum has done a similar thing as silver.   

If I recall correctly, the catalytic converter wasn't even produced until the early 70s.

I found this article with ratio chart going back to 1880.

"It was only around 1900 that the technology to easily work platinum was first developed"

So, unless Platinum's Industrial uses are completely done away with, odds are we will never see the very low pre-1900 ratio levels again. And a ratio under .7 is likely very low.

http://www.antiquesa...num-gold-ratio/

A-Detailed-History-of-the-Platinum-Gold-

Edited by K Wave, 30 May 2018 - 10:43 AM.

#1328 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,047 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 10:47 AM

Ton of work done at 16.50 resistance zone on Silver over last few days...here we are again...let's see what bulls can do here...

#1329 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,047 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 10:48 AM

910 on Platinum looks key now as well

#1330 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 10:53 AM

the weekly stochastics for gld are at a point where a large rally could commence just an observation fwiw

feeling mellow with the yellow metal