emerging wave 3

• Please log in to reply
1565 replies to this topic

#931 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:22 AM

if bonds crash down which it looks like they are about to.... does that mean the dollar will spike up ??

#932 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:44 AM

gold/silver did not advance on n/korea/usa threats. they did not advance on syrian attacks.  sometimes as traders we get maxxed out emotionally= time to take a break

gdx has risen 10% in the last month.  i dont know when , but when the time is ripe the market will start up in ernest. is that now? could very well be . there is stagflation coming. w/the mountain of debt. commodity prices are signaling inflation is coming.  since i have been on this board , i have said stagflation is coming and it is.  the 70s is the model

right here right now, we are faced w/head winds. i see factors saying the market could begin its bull move, that may or may not be the case. its coming. so far silver has had a reversal day, not a good sign. if ones position is so large that they are losing sleep, its time to cut back if they are worried then time to cut back.  yes, when this move gets underway for a period everyone will be making $$$  until then better to not shoot yourself in the foot.  better to have cash to buy weakness instead of selling your boat at the lows of the correction  hedging is also a strategy

dharma

ps the 78 fractal called for lows in march and may we will see

Edited by dharma, 19 April 2018 - 10:46 AM.

#933 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 11:51 AM

The 1978 fractal low dates were April 16th and May 2nd.

#934 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 12:48 PM

The 1978 fractal low dates were April 16th and May 2nd.

you are looking at a continuous contract?

dharma

#935 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:09 PM

Daily spot gold  closes

Edited by Smithy, 19 April 2018 - 02:09 PM.

#936 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:39 PM

gold/silver did not advance on n/korea/usa threats. they did not advance on syrian attacks.  sometimes as traders we get maxxed out emotionally= time to take a break

gdx has risen 10% in the last month.  i dont know when , but when the time is ripe the market will start up in ernest. is that now? could very well be . there is stagflation coming. w/the mountain of debt. commodity prices are signaling inflation is coming.  since i have been on this board , i have said stagflation is coming and it is.  the 70s is the model

right here right now, we are faced w/head winds. i see factors saying the market could begin its bull move, that may or may not be the case. its coming. so far silver has had a reversal day, not a good sign. if ones position is so large that they are losing sleep, its time to cut back if they are worried then time to cut back.  yes, when this move gets underway for a period everyone will be making $$$  until then better to not shoot yourself in the foot.  better to have cash to buy weakness instead of selling your boat at the lows of the correction  hedging is also a strategy

dharma

agree with everything you said Dharma, except I do not see this as a silver reversal day at all, looks like a consolidation day with a very brief spike down (classic) to test the upper breakout area with a positive close likely in SLV, frankly looks bullish to me, just a bit of tree shakin IMO

BSing away

Senor

#937 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 04:44 PM

dharma

agree with everything you said Dharma, except I do not see this as a silver reversal day at all, looks like a consolidation day with a very brief spike down (classic) to test the upper breakout area with a positive close likely in SLV, frankly looks bullish to me, just a bit of tree shakin IMO

BSing away

Senor

senor keep in mind this was written just after silver reversed to negative on the day, it clawed its way back to up on the day, now the parameters are set todays low and todays high, break either way and the trend is set at least for a few days

dharma

#938 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:52 AM

added to longs, now about 50% long, as always DYODD

Senor

#939 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,013 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:44 AM

Considering DXY action last couple days, I would say Silver is holding up remarkably well...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#940 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 10:29 AM

Considering DXY action last couple days, I would say Silver is holding up remarkably well...

looks like a "c" down ended today at 17.04, yesterdays decline to 17.05 being "a", part of my add this morning was USLV

Senor