bottoming process continues

• Please log in to reply
911 replies to this topic

#71 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:33 AM

I am seeing trends on Gold in agreement with Eric Hadik for a big wave C high into next summer, he is looking for the 1400 area.... 

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#72 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,968 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:36 AM

I think trying to suggest (at this time) a big rally to 1400 is going to be a C or 3 is at this time really not worth any effort, what is worth the effort is having confidence that a move to 1400 is getting underway and making big money from that potential move - that IMO is where the focus should be and the rest is NOISE

Senor

Edited by senorBS, 07 December 2018 - 11:37 AM.

#73 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:48 AM

I think trying to suggest (at this time) a big rally to 1400 is going to be a C or 3 is at this time really not worth any effort, what is worth the effort is having confidence that a move to 1400 is getting underway and making big money from that potential move - that IMO is where the focus should be and the rest is NOISE

Senor

The big C wave unfolding is Hadik's view, with A having happened in early 2016, B last August and C up to the 1400 area in the next 1-2 years according to him.  My oscillator is pointing at next summer before this run finishes so that could push Gold into the 2016 highs or beyond but my work just says a major high next summer.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

#74 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,379 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:40 PM

Metals holding like a rock thus far, as bottom falling out of stocks wet paper bag...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#75 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,379 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:53 PM

GDX creeping up towards 28....above that, and bull may be out of the chute....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#76 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:08 PM

GDX creeping up towards 28....above that, and bull may be out of the chute....

not sure what you mean there  20.08 is what i show this second

yes, i have read hadiks theory. its a possibility , irrelevant right now.  besides which i doubt that will be correct

RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW the pms look good its very rare to see big headwinds like this from the stock market and see the pm sector holding up

and positive on the day. the fed is between a rock and a hard place. and that is the key to the future. their course of tightening has hit a snag w/the stockmarket under pressure.  pms are in stealth mode w/big money dalio, gundlach , ms, and gs looking at the future.  and saying stagflation.  the troops are clueless

dharma

gdx , xau, hui all made new highs for the move only gdxj lags

gold new highs for the move and silver too joined the party

time to listen to the markets the winds of change are upon us

Edited by dharma, 07 December 2018 - 01:11 PM.

#77 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,379 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:24 PM

Hey Dharma,

What in your opinion is depressing GG so much?

Stock looks pretty cheap sub 10?

#78 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:41 PM

1229 was Armstrong's number to turn bullish and a weekly close above that is important which looks like a done deal today.... 

#79 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 02:34 PM

Hey Dharma,

What in your opinion is depressing GG so much?

Stock looks pretty cheap sub 10?everal factors.: 1- china is arguably the largest gold buyer in the world. the trade war has caused their stock market to take it on the chin. so chinese investors appetite for gold 

Several factors: 1 the trade war w/china has caused their stock market to take it on the chin. so investing resources are tight there.  we are coming into chinese new years buying season, we will see what the demand from china actually is. 2- india arguably the largest buyer of gold in the world . the rupee until the very end of october was in a major down trend vs the dollar. this kept indian buyers out of the market and the festival buying season-diwali was somewhat subpar. the rupee has reversed vs the dollar still indian buying has been muted. the game since 09 was qe and stock buybacks which buoyed the stock market and risk on assets.  the fed started rasing rates from near 0 and that along w/the ridiculous trade wars have woken investors out of hitting the buy button for stocks. we are in a shift. right now to risk off assets it is stealth at this point. the rishis dalio , gundlach are touting gold and hard assets . ms and gs have said 19 will be a commodities bull. the rest of the troops are scared, licking their stock market wounds, and not yet forward thinking . the bugs have been beaten to a pulp . few used dust as a hedge.  i think the momo comes in when we have a clear breakout, maybe 1400 , maybe even 1300 i dont know  but it will come out of the blue.  the financial world is shifting from risk on to risk off.  the dollar will start to reflect this shift.  russia eg has sold its treasuries and put its resources into gold .  trade war w/china why would the chinese want to hold us bonds.  bonds are guaranteed confiscation of wealth.  0 rates allowed govt to grow they spent more . under obama trillion dollar deficits became the norm. it continues under trump . republican presidencies  have seen the dollar trounced. this will be the case here.  golds day is  coming. the shift is on

just my 2c

dharma

#80 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,379 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 02:35 PM

GLD finally reclaiming 900 day MA today, with 200 MA just above....

Take them both out, and hold, and bulls should be back in business longer term....