#331 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,201 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 12:17 PM

not  a fan http://www.ganngloba...ab114022b1ec50d

platinum offers huge potential

will use sprotts sppp

need a close above 1300 to establish a new high and also take out the down trend off the 11 highs. 

lets see what the bulls have in the tank

increased my exposure on the close. almost 80% long in trading account

dharma

Not sure what your data source is but from what I can see on multiple data sources, including the futures, Gold already broke above it down trend from the 2011 high, in 2017... 

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#332 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,201 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 05:15 PM

Gold in Euro's on verge of breaking out,  Armstrong has said that you need Gold in all the major currencies to turn bullish for a real bull market in Gold to emerge... 

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#333 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 08:33 AM

Senor, what is your preferred method for estimating a W5 target?

Gracias amigo.

#334 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 02:25 PM

Senor, what is your preferred method for estimating a W5 target?

Gracias amigo.

Honestly don't really have a firm grasp, depends a lot on my confidence in the count and if waves are fairly clean. Sometimes 1=5, but in a commod like gold a large 5th wave can blowoff and be the strongest. I don't think we are talking about that here, what specific count/market are you referring to?

#335 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 03:03 PM

Looking at estimating target for current gold move

#336 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 07:44 PM

Looking at estimating target for current gold move

from where and what "degree" of the count, the exact or highly probable count IMO is harder to have confidence in

Senor

#337 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 12:27 PM

i decided to go w/plg for platinum , its the most liquid . so , i started a campaign in it friday afternoon.  the golden cross will attract or should attract some money into gold

i still from the show me state.  we now need to take out 1380 to break out of the tr.  2 mega mergers in the sector are a bullish indicator.  if its really back in the bull there will be lots of opportunities. to ride it up.  

dharma

#338 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 02:59 PM

Senor, I was curious if, with gold, when you have a scenario that you're happy with waves 1 - 4, if you have an EW method for estimating a target for wave 5. I'm not pressing on it, nor do I want to waste your time so I'm happy to let it go.

Like you dharma, I've put some $ into platinum, but I'll watch the gold platinum ratio closely, it needs to head north from here.

1-27-19-Plat-Gold-ratio.jpg

#339 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 05:33 PM

Senor, I was curious if, with gold, when you have a scenario that you're happy with waves 1 - 4, if you have an EW method for estimating a target for wave 5. I'm not pressing on it, nor do I want to waste your time so I'm happy to let it go.

Like you dharma, I've put some $ into platinum, but I'll watch the gold platinum ratio closely, it needs to head north from here.

1-27-19-Plat-Gold-ratio.jpg

No problem, I just don't know from what gold low you are counting and what time period? hourly/daily/weekly chart?

#340 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 01:06 AM

So far this morning spot gold holding above $1300.  However, i think gold will be pulling back shortly to about the 1195 to 1185 area.  Could be a good area to add to longs or, if you are not in gold or gold stocks as yet, could also be a good time to start and pick up some at a very reasonable prices.

Peace
johngeorge