i dont get Dalios thesis:

inflation will cause Dollar to implode?

Unsustainable debts? Relative to whom?

#52 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,061 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:40 PM

Dalio really thinks US is like Argentina? Seriously?

I know he doesnt so why spout this stuff?

politics IMO

#53 goldfungus

goldfungus

• Traders-Talk User
  • 538 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 01:28 AM

Dalio really thinks US is like Argentina? Seriously?

I know he doesnt so why spout this stuff?

politics IMO

Do you think we can service our debt in uninflated dollars?

#54 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:15 AM

Eric Hadik .... "He's still looking for gold to higher in the remainder of the year, through the beginning of next year."  

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#55 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,949 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:06 AM

Silver at key juncture right about here...if it does not advance out of this dip today, it will start to look like yet another failed bull attempt...

But if it holds, and takes out 14.60 again, then bull may finally start to show some real signs of life...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#56 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,949 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:25 AM

So far, so good...big pivot just set....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#57 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:36 PM

crazy day, AEM up 7.5% and no news I can see, NEM down 2.6% on a meh 2019/2020 forecast, KL keeps flyin higher, watching to see if some of the hard hit tax selling laggards (like CDE-GG-HL-Paas etc) can catch a bid here, also GDXJ has near term resistance at 27.50-55. if it can sustain a rally above there seem it could rally rapidly toward next resistance at 27.90 and 28.24

Senor

#58 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,949 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 01:58 PM

Silver winding it up....should get something directional started soon....

#59 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:22 PM

gold/silver in this downtrend channel on the hourly last several hours

i am thinking that we are entering into or have entered into wave 3 i have been using the 70s fractal for quite some time and the market has given me no reason to abandon that perspective. now if 19 is a dud then its time to chuck that perspective. but the summer of 78 is when the lift off started. i believe the fractal is a little behind that . so , that being said hadiks 16A then the correction to that as B and we are in C now , doesnt resonate w/me . we will see.  i imagine marty has a similar view if he is still looking for 1k gold.  we will see. russia has abandoned treasuries and is building its gold reserves on a monthly basis and so is china. the indian cb has even entered the fray w/a buy of gold as has poland. 

so, lets see what this leg brings. hadik mentions this , but some cycles do 80 % of the move in 20% of the time . or even 90% of the move in 10% of the time, i am looking for something like this. 

dharma

#60 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:26 PM

interesting chart https://s3.us-west-2...nthly_1970s.png

dharma