bottoming process continues

• Please log in to reply
911 replies to this topic

#861 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:34 AM

fwiw , my work shows us rallying into cycle highs @months end,the decline from that peak  will reveal the story-either way new lows or higher lows. which should bring us into the seasonal lows https://seasonalchar...ssics_gold.html

dharma

well perhaps we get a strong 5 up into late May and then correct that, frankly cycles work sometimes and not others so I personally will not make any trading/investing decisions based upon them, just my take

Senor

#862 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:39 AM

dsi -21

hgnsi=-4

The 10yr yield is now below fed funds, and the 2yr yield is about to make new lows. The Fed is going to have its hand forced soon.

dharma

ps in every republican presidency since 1984 the dollar has gone down. will trump buck the trend?

#863 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 12:14 PM

too many looking north?

Too many looking for a final drop and then the blastoff, IMHO  To me it is now looking like a small-to-medium sized counter-trend-rally up for a couple of weeks - followed by a final divergent bottom, FWIW dougie

that works for me

That looks to be captainEwave's view

nice early pre-market action, really liking that CEF chart for a possible wave 2 bottom, DXY sentiment in high 80's and silver/gold low to mid 20's. Have seen metals in single digits but this is a low as they have been for quite a while. Key is whether this is just a bounce or something more tangible. we are certainly oversold enough and have really capitulated is some miner areas for a big time low, stock market also looks ripe for a 10% plus fall, we see

Senor

was that a 5th wave exhaustion gap in UUP with the up opening to new highs and current reversal underway?

Senor

DXY appears to have put in a double top and has trends for a low into next winter. 

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#864 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 01:08 PM

dsi -21

hgnsi=-4

The 10yr yield is now below fed funds, and the 2yr yield is about to make new lows. The Fed is going to have its hand forced soon.

dharma

ps in every republican presidency since 1984 the dollar has gone down. will trump buck the trend?

Is that hgnsi reading lower than last July's reading?  It appears to be based on Mark Hulbert's chart from the past year, if I am interpreting your number correctly.... 

Edited by Russ, 23 May 2019 - 01:17 PM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

#865 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 03:40 PM

Another "ugly" failure for the miners today - it only took a small bounce the last hour in the broad market to nearly erase the day's gains.

Edited by stubaby, 23 May 2019 - 03:43 PM.

#866 hhh

hhh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 03:42 PM

I think you meant "day's gains," i.e., only today's.

#867 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:58 PM

Another "ugly" failure for the miners today - it only took a small bounce the last hour in the broad market to nearly erase the day's gains.

Remember that last summer Gold bottomed first in mid August and then the gold stock indices  bottomed about 3 weeks later, whether that pattern repeats this time is the question. 

#868 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 08:19 PM

yep, disappointing. Could end up being a fake out or perhaps we more downside work to do, be interesting to see what gold and silver do from here. Miner/gold ratios are at/near multi yr extremes so I have to wonder how much downside there is. Perhaps HUI/Gold ratio needs one more new low which is not that far away

Senor

#869 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 10:21 PM

Sometimes when the main market drops (SPX down 34 points today) it drags the miners down. I find it difficult to distinguish the influences.

#870 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 10:26 PM

well looking at this stuff we should bottom here

there are just no squiggles left so we should see a bottom by wed of next week at the latest

just my take i am not holding my breath i need to see a very strong rally soon to get me excited

feeling mellow with the yellow metal