out on a limb! bottom for wave 2 in !?

• Please log in to reply
1010 replies to this topic

#881 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 01:02 PM

I am getting Nervous as the opinions are growing that we may not get a cut Wends. If<----  we don't gold will have a black swan event.  I am not happy with how my $GOLD position is acting. Can't say I have in my career seen a stock that got no less than 5 upgrades in 10 day be trading down/flat.  I will make a decision today but may take the small loss and start looking for a window.

are u happier today? - Barrick up about 5%yes.gif

Senor

SenorBS,

Yes indeed....  I came so close to exiting yesterday near the close.  They should fly now more good news out this morning and 5 upgrades in the last 10 days. Also hoping SLV plays catch up here as thats underwater....

Barrick's chart does not look bullish to me, it may form a big low in April 2020... 

Really?

I'm a swing options player and could give a crap what it's doing in 2020...  At 19 I have 400% I to think the very short term top will be in this friday,  The Shiny Stuff, as I've posted after a double top or a bit lower I think we tag 144-146 the following week.  On Barrick I think 19.50 is a strong possibility in this time frame.

So,  What's your point?

You mentioned Barrick so I looked it's chart and that is what it's chart shows but since you are short term speculator then it is irrelevant obviously.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#882 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 01:06 PM

many of my miners are in pennant  patterns 

senor exactly  no body knows anything. 

its why i choose to hold.fewer  choices  can be nerve racking 

but in a bull time is on your side

dharma

yep amigo, bulls love to shake hard on the way up and that IMO is what is happening here

Senor

#883 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,010 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 01:08 PM

GLD can't get over the hump of 142 no matter how many times in the past it tried. Volume on the down side was a multiple factor of volume on the upside. Volume on the upside was several times what it was before the up move which points out that it was terminal move and we're in a correction.

Edited by linrom1, 17 September 2019 - 01:15 PM.

#884 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 02:41 PM

I think I'll exit tomorrow on my metals positions, Have you looked at what Gold/Silver did the day of and after the last fed meeting? Where they lowered 1/4 point as we are expecting this time?  It sold off for 4 days... Is there reason to expect something different this time?  Please give me a reason it is different.

#885 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 02:53 PM

miners being valued at 100yr lows

https://www.spglobal...bO01Tf9HOKa0KA2

there are going to be some very big scores in the miners.  

after senor bought a position i am watching wdoff for an entry , i have owned it back when. i am watching to see if it can create a daily divergence its a good company in a desirable mining jurisdiction

dharma

just like this saudi attack came out of the blue

a credit lock up a derivative burst any thing can happen at any time

the system is stretched to its max.  its why at the very least an insurance position

is a necessity 

well tomorrow is the fed. what they do and what they say are what folks will be watching and listening to

Edited by dharma, 17 September 2019 - 03:01 PM.

#886 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,010 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 03:12 PM

I think I'll exit tomorrow on my metals positions, Have you looked at what Gold/Silver did the day of and after the last fed meeting? Where they lowered 1/4 point as we are expecting this time?  It sold off for 4 days... Is there reason to expect something different this time?  Please give me a reason it is different.

Stock buyers are smarter than gold buyers( pumpers and small retail types) and held steady as she goes, golds on the other ran with the mob hoping for a big cut.

#887 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 03:13 PM

https://seekingalpha...-range-ceo-says

#888 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 03:19 PM

Stock buyers are smarter than gold buyers( pumpers and small retail types) and held steady as she goes, golds on the other ran with the mob hoping for a big cut.

Agreed but it was not just the cut,  It was Trump saying Trade Talks were back on, and ECB saying they were beginning QE....  IMO Gold has little to do with rates though that helps just like a week dollar helps. It is about the world economic risk....   Currency war... War in general. Unrest....  Banks... It is a Complicated mix no doubt.  But banks and big money is what created this run.  And they are seldom wrong...  I think there is still alot of unrest coming.  I for sure do not see the trade war solved,  But I could be wrong. 

#889 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 04:53 PM

Financial system is gone and being replaced. All pensions bust globally (neg int rates). the interest rate is the aggregate value of the civilization, looked around that lately.

Deutchbank is gone just waiting for Brexit to announce the excuse. Fed controls cryptos, walltreet(DTCC)  owns most crypto infrastructure, see rothchilds Economist cover 1988.

But trump doesnt like cryptos, says US dollar is the boss. Explicitly did not say FRN.

"Gold destroys the Fed". Q

It will be a MAGA counterstrike to obliterate global economy all tax debt paper, offer the communist nanny state slaves begging for more, the Fed coin.

Seen the foreign communist FDR fake depression movie before? They'r not that smart but the slaves keep coming back for pedowood remakes.

Trump will jail their riggers and take delivery force mejeure on comex.

Counterstrikes like that.

Just a theory.

Edited by AChartist, 17 September 2019 - 05:00 PM.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#890 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 09:04 PM

https://www.zerohedg...rol-rates-again

i dont know what it all means but it means something. no way imo  the fed

will be raising rates any time in the near future. impossible  just too many unknowns

right now just my take 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal