out on a limb! bottom for wave 2 in !?

• Please log in to reply
1010 replies to this topic

#981 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 11:31 AM

Is he basically saying that we will have a bond collapse same like in 1929? The bond market collapsed in 29 but then we also saw the meltdown in the stock market in 29

But this time he saying we will see bond collapse but the stock market will still go up?

I am confused on that one

How can bonds collapse 50% or more and not bring the stock market down with it this time around ?

#982 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 12:18 PM

Is he basically saying that we will have a bond collapse same like in 1929? The bond market collapsed in 29 but then we also saw the meltdown in the stock market in 29

But this time he saying we will see bond collapse but the stock market will still go up?

I am confused on that one

How can bonds collapse 50% or more and not bring the stock market down with it this time around ?

It is because the USA is still the core economy of the world and as Europe and then Japan go down first then capital will seek shelter in American stock markets as well as gold and other real assets, but eventually the private investments can have problems too because when things turn ugly desperate people will look for anything to pillage, Armstrong even said the banks in the end would be eaten by corrupt government. In Ancient Rome - Roman soldiers went around robbing various towns because they were not being paid anymore, however Armstrong has also said he does not think this will turn into a mad max situation, but he does say there will be civil war in the USA as the south blames the north for the economic collapse and then the US will break up into four countries.  

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#983 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 02:02 PM

truth is none of us know how this will turn out. we can all conjecture but we just dont know

will we have the rise of authoritarian governments i dont know as people panic and want to be saved

have you guys ever heard of the georgia guidestones. check it out interesting stuff. i dont know what will happen

dont have a clue what he is talking about is a complete loss of faith in the system i believe which might be a good thing

seeing that our systems have become so very corrupt  we will all see as it unfolds in real time 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#984 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 03:01 PM

truth is none of us know how this will turn out. we can all conjecture but we just dont know

will we have the rise of authoritarian governments i dont know as people panic and want to be saved

have you guys ever heard of the georgia guidestones. check it out interesting stuff. i dont know what will happen

dont have a clue what he is talking about is a complete loss of faith in the system i believe which might be a good thing

seeing that our systems have become so very corrupt  we will all see as it unfolds in real time 

A complete loss of confidence in the system/government will happen when the 21 trillion dollars of bonds are defaulted on and there are no more pensions, chaos will unfold as people become desperate, politicians lives will probably be in danger by then. In the 1860's black Friday was when they dragged the bankers out into the streets and hung them. 

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#985 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,956 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 03:08 PM

dougie

The financial system is in bad shape and will continue to get worser.  Good luck to all!

agree and IMO it is why I will hold a CORE position in the metals for at least another yr if not significantly longer, I likely will trade around it at the extremes but IMO we are still in the EARLY INNINGS of this gold bull as the Financial cracks are now just statting to appear, buckle up!

Senor

#986 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,048 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 04:22 PM

dougie
The financial system is in bad shape and will continue to get worser.  Good luck to all!

i dont doubt that is true John.

#987 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,048 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 04:25 PM

seems to me on the daily we could see gold run to new highs hee or at least 1560 before we sell off on the 1400's

I wonder what folks make of the Monthly Channel in GLD though?

#988 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 04:41 PM

russ i didnt know that happened sounds like a good idea to me the bankers are parasites

we have lost all common sense in our finances running huge deficits that will be defaulted on

we will  see if they can stave it off i dont know 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#989 ryanoo

ryanoo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 660 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 05:10 PM

"FAR TOO LITTLE, FAR TOO LATE" https://monday-morni...e-far-too-late/

"we’re clearly at the minimum level of acceptable system reserves. Is $75bn/day going to be enough to handle the full brunt of reserve depletion? SOFR printed 5.25% yesterday & that’s $1.177 trillion/day!"

"you really need to get a robust tool for rebuilding reserves & the only way you get that is thru either term repos (so, SRF becomes a term vehicle.) or a restart of QE. Fed seems to have gotten a hall pass for the latter in the form of MBS buybacks, but it’s because that’s QE disguised as “maintenance”. This is probably the route we ultimately go (in my opinion)"

#990 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 06:05 PM

armstrong  - he puts into public(government) vs private

so in this framework the shift occurs from confidence in public to the private sector in that case funds are shifted leaving government w/o funds

this is obviously a short summary

what has my attention as well as others around here are the repos. something is going on to print 75 billion a day till oct 10 . some entity might be in trouble and they are infusing cash into the system to help prop it up. i dont know am not privy to the information but the fact is they are printing significant money. sinclair has said to look for a credit lock down. i dont know what it is  but i do know gold is the place to be

w/that said . i dont know where we are exactly in the count 5of 3  or 2 of 3 . B;UT; what i do know is we are early and there are vast problems

in the system the government is in need of so much money is it crowding everyone else out!!?  so since there is one apparent answer to all the questions @ this point i will just ride. no debt no leverage ..........yet.  this i can see there are problems and there are a host of geopolitical problems to boot.  trade wars. currency wars  gold seems prudent at this time.  @some point the miners will have alot of catching up to do. i am not fast enough to trade in and out so i ride

and studies have shown in bull markets the most profitable strategy is to buy and hold

dharma