Photo

Looks like January 2018, deja vu all over again?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,167 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 09:01 AM

Marc Eckelberry @AheadoftheNews
FollowFollow @AheadoftheNews
More

Equity put call dives even lower to 0.47, 10 day is still buried in max complacency. Rallies have been modest and sluggish and require liquidation breaks, hunting for liquidity in a field of crowded longs.

EJax47sUYAA_899.jpg
5:50 AM - 15 Nov 2019

#12 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,167 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 09:05 AM

LiveSquawk @LiveSquawk
FollowFollow @LiveSquawk
More

Fed’s Kaplan: Tariffs Putting Sand In The Gears - Makes Manufacturing More Challenging

5:45 AM - 15 Nov 2019

#13 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 11:08 AM

LOL.....  The trend remains up Brother, but I went flat.....  Waiting on a VXX buy signal, but none yet.

In my opinion this is a terrible trading system....  Having lots of historical charts doesn't make you money in a market like this one.  The trend remains up until it's not. More importantly,  I trade what is happening NOT what I think will happen....

10:45 Markets Up Triple Digits On Trade Hopes As Breadth Is Weak & Slipping

https://twitter.com/...erp|twgr^author

My system remains on a hold long positions..... Day 26 since the buy signal.....

Good Trading to you!

Edited by robo, 15 November 2019 - 11:09 AM.

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore

#14 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,463 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:25 PM

Did they close the market early, its barely moved in an hour?  Sure gives you a good feeling this is a healthy market!!!swoon.gif

#15 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:32 PM

Did they close the market early, its barely moved in an hour?  Sure gives you a good feeling this is a healthy market!!!swoon.gif

LOL....  looks that way for some indexes. A slow and steady move up....  IWM back above the 10 DMA after moving under it for 2 days.....  Watching the show.....  To many extremes for me to hold long positions......

Day-trading only...  VXX moving down much bigger today.... How many times will these guys get stopped out trading VXX and TVIX in a market moving up... The VXX smashers be hard at work....  The guy I posted a tweet for above continues to try and pick a top....  LOL....  At some point he will be correct. However, still NO BUY signal for VXX yet - as the trend remains up!

I trade VXF and  it remains on a hold long position....  Day 26 since the buy signal and a sell for VXX  The Top pickers are getting stopped out again.....

Good Trading!

https://stockcharts....639&a=698911440

Edited by robo, 15 November 2019 - 01:37 PM.

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore

#16 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,167 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:43 PM

Added VXX FEB calls, paid a lot but that's how I trade Options.

89% of RISK CAPITAL used

Now down almost 22%

In January 2018, was down 44% max intra day, next day went to 46%, and then next day markets swooned.....

Looks like I will be down at least 28 to 35% before this ST or IT top

Precisely my thoughts but it could be as high as 50% up move on VXX (that is not as much as it sounds!)

Matt Thompson, CFA @dynamicvol
FollowFollow @dynamicvol
More

IMO, conditions are in place for a counter-trend (+5%ish) move in $VXX. $SPX, $VIX expirations Vol of SPX, VIX and VIX futs is very low VIX, VVIX recent +tive corr with SPX VIX index MACD cross this wk VVIX MACD cross this wk Poss bottom on our thrust indicator

6:22 AM - 15 Nov 2019

#17 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,167 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:45 PM

no, it is more about politics, trade, etc; but, ultimately FA, and to a lesser extent, TA, will be the main factors in IT market direction

EagleSeagle @b_seagle
FollowFollow @b_seagle
More

Breadth indicators are rolling over and the markets trek higher...traditional TA is NOT working.

8:59 AM - 15 Nov 2019

#18 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,463 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 02:02 PM

Very unusual to see this low of volume on an expiration day however it is an off month not a quarterly.  December is looking fun for sure with this big a move to end this cycle!!  

#19 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 02:05 PM

no, it is more about politics, trade, etc; but, ultimately FA, and to a lesser extent, TA, will be the main factors in IT market direction

EagleSeagle‏ @b_seagle
FollowFollow @b_seagle
More

Breadth indicators are rolling over and the markets trek higher...traditional TA is NOT working.

8:59 AM - 15 Nov 2019

I agree with everything you said above .....  I wait to buy VXX.......

Good luck on your trade......  The extremes are getting more extreme...... We are getting closer to a pullback for sure.....

Day 27 since the VXX sell signal.....

https://stockcharts....467&a=699284166

The LT data....

https://stockcharts....741&a=696890125

Edited by robo, 15 November 2019 - 02:10 PM.

#20 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,000 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 09:45 PM

A selling in December is likely to avoid possible higher capital gain taxes from 2020 and beyond if Trump loses in the presidential race ...........