• 9,064 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 01:39 PM

but staying mostly put

#1063 ryanoo

ryanoo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 660 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 02:27 PM

also this corona virus is nowhere near resolved imo. when you have large amounts of people contracting it it becomes harder and harder

to control the spread. i sincerely hope they do control it but i am far from convinced that they can control it. there are implications to the markets for this

and we might start to see things start to move very rapidly in stocks and in the metals. we will see i dont know but nothing would surprise me here

this virus is like an extremely contagious seasonal flu without vaccin.  like all flus, once you catch it, you get thru, drinking lots of water, taking vitamins, and resting.  for about a week.  i know a college campus where several hundred to nearly a thousand chinese students returned from china well after the corona virus became serious there and just before US airports started screening travelers from china.  they had no single case reported. I think its because they simply are not testing.  like seasonal flu, if you were not vaccinated in time, you just live with it until its gone.  so, china, korea and to some extent japan are testing like crazy, usa is just refusing to test?  it feels like if they test there will be more cases here too.

#1064 wxman

wxman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 139 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 02:30 PM

Nice cycle here:

https://stockcharts....94951&cmd=print

FSAGX similarities to 2001-2002

https://stockcharts....39402&cmd=print

FSAGX is performing perfectly so far

#1065 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 02:34 PM

my count on the xau is that it did i of 3 from the end of may 2109 

until about jan 2 2020. we then corrected until about feb 14 in a ii of 3

and are now in iii of 3. we will see if that is correct . i could def see 

the xau going into the 180's here fwiw 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#1066 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 02:38 PM

also this corona virus is nowhere near resolved imo. when you have large amounts of people contracting it it becomes harder and harder

to control the spread. i sincerely hope they do control it but i am far from convinced that they can control it. there are implications to the markets for this

and we might start to see things start to move very rapidly in stocks and in the metals. we will see i dont know but nothing would surprise me here

this virus is like an extremely contagious seasonal flu without vaccin.  like all flus, once you catch it, you get thru, drinking lots of water, taking vitamins, and resting.  for about a week.  i know a college campus where several hundred to nearly a thousand chinese students returned from china well after the corona virus became serious there and just before US airports started screening travelers from china.  they had no single case reported. I think its because they simply are not testing.  like seasonal flu, if you were not vaccinated in time, you just live with it until its gone.  so, china, korea and to some extent japan are testing like crazy, usa is just refusing to test?  it feels like if they test there will be more cases here too.

the decision has been made natioanlly to only test if there was travel to china or close contact with those who travelled to china and only if symptomatic.

I suspect the rationale for that is complex: avoiding fasle positive AND negtives, avoiding spreading panic, avoiding overwhelming the system

#1067 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 02:40 PM

Nice cycle here:

you thinking it launches here Wxman?

#1068 ryanoo

ryanoo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 660 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 02:43 PM

the decision has been made natioanlly to only test if there was travel to china or close contact with those who travelled to china and only if symptomatic.

I suspect the rationale for that is complex: avoiding fasle positive AND negtives, avoiding spreading panic, avoiding overwhelming the system

About two thirds of cases are undetected according to this study and it could be far higher here:

"Conclusions Consistent with similar analyses [3], we estimated that about two thirds of COVID-19 cases exported from mainland China have remained undetected worldwide, potentially leaving sources of human-tohuman transmission unchecked (63% and 73% undetected based on comparisons with Singapore only and with Singapore, Finland, Nepal, Belgium, Sweden, India, Sri Lanka, and Canada, respectively). Undoubtedly, the exported cases vary in the severity of their clinical symptoms, making some cases more difficult to detect than others. However, some countries have detected significantly fewer than would have been expected based on the volume of flight passengers arriving from Wuhan City, China."

https://www.imperial...ional-Cases.pdf

#1069 ryanoo

ryanoo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 660 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 02:45 PM

my count on the xau is that it did i of 3 from the end of may 2109 

until about jan 2 2020. we then corrected until about feb 14 in a ii of 3

and are now in iii of 3. we will see if that is correct . i could def see 

the xau going into the 180's here fwiw 

I thought you did ewave while time traveling, lloll!

#1070 wxman

wxman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 139 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 03:21 PM

Nice cycle here:

you thinking it launches here Wxman?

yes, if the similarity continues, as it has so far