#1071 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 606 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 04:06 PM

Work of CD Langley on Gold

cdelaney Friday 21st of February 2020 09:18:36 AM

GOLD big picture.

The wave 3 of 3 of 5 in gold is in progress IMO.  So far, playing out as expected (in the big picture)

After a small pullback (not shown on the big picture here), the heart of wave 3 should be in play.  Get ready guys, if this count is right, PMs are going to explode.

QGCPrimaryAnalysisFeb210819AM1day.png

#1072 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 04:21 PM

yes i do ryanoo getting ready for a lot higher prices 

which is a good thing

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#1073 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 05:53 PM

yes i do ryanoo getting ready for a lot higher prices 

which is a good thing

yesi, ,i am in that boat too. i see 5of 3 @years end  i believe we are quite early in 3of 3 lots of pieces of the puzzle falling in place tnx going to go on a tear, ie interest rates going lower. no country can afford a recession. they are going to fight this more than the virus.  there will be many leaving the train at various places.  i plan to sit for wave 3  which could very well see new highs before 2020 is over , the incumbent still has to have the economy lookin good. so some old tricks will be pulled out.  the miners are yet to get started their time is almost at hand. i am enamored w/the fundamentals for the pgms. yes tsla was voted car of the year by consumer reports . entry is @ least 40k so the combustion engine will still be a factor in a big way. when china ramps up production again  the short falls of production by s/africa will be glaring and russia has supplies but they are grand master chess players. dont be fooled by plat the laggard. plg is already a double for me added to pgezf which is sitting dead in the water, but i love the short term chart pattern in gold bulls , you can pretty much chuck a dart and  clean house the sector is low/small cap. the bull of 2k ran out of steam for the miners way befoer gold topped . i believe this leg will be more sustainable . miners are not wasting money.

patience

dharma

by the way the  bull of the 70s topped jan 22 of 80  the miners tacked on another 30-40% topping out in sept/oct of that year. that was  5 of 3 of that wave .   

Edited by dharma, 21 February 2020 - 05:57 PM.

#1074 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,047 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 06:08 PM

the decision has been made natioanlly to only test if there was travel to china or close contact with those who travelled to china and only if symptomatic.

I suspect the rationale for that is complex: avoiding fasle positive AND negtives, avoiding spreading panic, avoiding overwhelming the system

And it has turned out to be an idiotic approach...just ask the super spreader in Korea who had never been to China.

Now apparently erupting in Italy as well among people have never been to China.

This was OBVIOUSLY a different animal from the get go, and should have been treated as such.

I guess the good news is that the rate of infection has dramatically slowed in China (if you can believe their numbers)

Edited by K Wave, 21 February 2020 - 06:08 PM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#1075 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,047 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 06:10 PM

Nice cycle here:

https://stockcharts....94951&cmd=print

FSAGX similarities to 2001-2002

https://stockcharts....39402&cmd=print

FSAGX is performing perfectly so far

you thinking it launches here Wxman?

yes, if the similarity continues, as it has so far

I think that was a breakaway gap on GDXJ today that may not be filled for a very long time to come....

I think we got close enough to 43 backtest on the intraday pullback yesterday, and now it is off to the races.

The weekly candle on GDXJ looks real solid...should see many more green candles ahead now

Edited by K Wave, 21 February 2020 - 06:13 PM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#1076 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 06:40 PM

https://www.gold-eag...et-and-buy-gold

more fuel for the fire deficits matter

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#1077 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 02:31 AM

Nice cycle here:

https://stockcharts....94951&cmd=print

FSAGX similarities to 2001-2002

https://stockcharts....39402&cmd=print

FSAGX is performing perfectly so far

you thinking it launches here Wxman?

yes, if the similarity continues, as it has so far

one thing is, the SPEC position in gold is MASSIVE. Last time it was this high we went DOWN relentlessly

#1078 ryanoo

ryanoo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 660 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 09:41 AM

one thing is, the SPEC position in gold is MASSIVE. Last time it was this high we went DOWN relentlessly

Commercial hedgers are short the highest, higher than during the bull run 2006-2012.  

Higher short position by the hedgers is LT bullish according to the chart.

The 2011 top happened after the spec's long position stayed at, or came down from, the peak for a couple of years.

So, be careful in using the COT as a timing tool

https://finviz.com/f....ashx?t=GC&p=m1

#1079 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 10:07 AM

Commercials have been heavily short since last summer and have missed a huge rally, they have been quite wrong.GC.png

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#1080 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 10:50 AM

This is at the center of the cycle peak not saying it will not right translate and really

all historic blowoffs were not supported that way by cycles magnitude.

If there is an intervening decline the next high that is well supported by three cycles is 13-14 weeks +

and is supported by more cycles. And I think stk mkt is bad this year and bitcoin hase some temporary

declining cycles now nothing left that will work but gold.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan