• Please log in to reply
1289 replies to this topic

#761 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,864 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 12:28 PM

GDXJ holding up nicely so far...

pinpoint accuracy on that pullback to the 1 min 900 after the open.

If it can take out the opening highs it just might be off to the races...

Edited by K Wave, 22 January 2020 - 12:30 PM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#762 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 12:34 PM

when gold went up in 2010 it breezed through the 1500s on its way to a top in 2011 . then when it peaked in 2011 it fell through the trap door , that folks like embry said would never give way in the low 1500s.  so the fact that we are spending alot of time in this area is really no surprise. at first 1500 was the big # then we spent time taking out 1520s . now we are in the area of the recent high of 15666. working this area , which will also give way to higher prices.    the reasons for being in the pm sector grow stronger by the day as a growing  force of investors enter the sector. interest rates will probe lower yields before the election , is my guess.  so the reasons for not owning gold diminish . patience is the key

dharma

#763 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,010 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 01:21 PM

in SLV I can see the case for one more move down to below the low a few days ago at 16.51 to complete  double zig from the 5 up high at 17.21, it "might" be done but one more zig down could easily occur - a weak close today would likely increase the odds of that happening while a strong close diminishes those odds, we see

Senor

This move of that bottom in silver is far from an impulse, so you're probably right that we need another 5 wave down.

#764 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,864 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 01:33 PM

this wedgie probably just about coming to an end on GDX/GDXJ

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#765 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 03:28 PM

in SLV I can see the case for one more move down to below the low a few days ago at 16.51 to complete  double zig from the 5 up high at 17.21, it "might" be done but one more zig down could easily occur - a weak close today would likely increase the odds of that happening while a strong close diminishes those odds, we see

Senor

This move of that bottom in silver is far from an impulse, so you're probably right that we need another 5 wave down.

it matters very little IMO as far as my positioning goes, if we get that possible drop I would simply do some buying, maybe a 40% chance IMO, we see

Senor

#766 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,052 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 05:03 PM

yeah we have an a down, a b up and c down to come?

#767 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,010 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 06:22 PM

Well, you never know?

#768 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 10:15 AM

Senor

it matters very little IMO as far as my positioning goes, if we get that possible drop I would simply do some buying, maybe a 40% chance IMO, we see

Senor

well silver overnight actually made a marginal (at 15.60) new low since its 5 up high and has rallied decently off that low, SLV was closed so perhaps that was "enough" for a final corrective low, IMO we are very close to a big move higher beginning, we see

Senor

#769 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,864 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 10:58 AM

That opening 5 min reversal candle on GDX could be the big pivot.

A 5 min close above 29 now, might get thrusters ignited.

would not want to see price below the bottom of that opening candle now...

#770 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 11:06 AM

my assessment of the market remains the same

i just finished listening to this interview. https://www.youtube....PPA&app=desktop i skipped parts but i essentially listened to the last hour  where he talks about gold .  now i was on a board in 2k as was kwave where a guy was pounding the table on nova gold @.13   i did some research on the company and they had 2 amazing assets galore and donlin . they have sold galore subsequently.  after doing some research i took a stake in the company.   it was an amazing ride to $20+ .  after selling cgoof  i now only hold mines in nafta and australia. i think as time goes on it will be critical where your mines are located. and i believe these jurisdictions will offer a premium to other places in the world .  in some 3rd world counties , like w/oil nationalization will become a theme.  anyway heads up

dharma