I'm Liking...

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 11:39 AM

6600ish on trannies may have been overly conservative....

UVXY still in parabolic ramp mode...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#22 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 12:08 PM

I personally think, if you want a fearless forecast, the odds of timing a selling pressure low, could be between 9am-10am EST Friday morning for the futures quad witch expiration.  You might have to wait for a trading halt to expire in the cash session early on, but after that we should be good to go.  Good news can come out anytime to get things going, but pure historical mechanics of a Quad make this one a really bad set up due to the short amount of time we have been going down.  I do not know how insurance policies and annuity companies work to protect assets or guarantee zero loss or minimum 3% interest, but they probably use SPX put options way below the market, so you have to believe some of these puts are going to pay out in March.  Before Gamma became a popular buzz word in the market place, when we used to have fast drops around a monthly or quarterly expiration, we called it a Delta Hedge melt down in the futures, so that is what I am basing my opinion on.  Market will rally 20%+ by Monday or Tuesday next week if it were to play out.

#23 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 12:15 PM

truly amazing move in TVIX....wow

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#24 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 12:18 PM

By the way, I am also seeing some positive momentum in price developing in the US futures symbol for the Nikkei futures contract NKD.  To my knowledge, Globex does not halt this contract during the ES halts overnight, so the data for analysis is intact. 

#25 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 12:20 PM

Yes, TVIX looks like TSLA in January, roaring LOL

#26 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 12:24 PM

sheer panic in airlines...

likely getting close there now...

#27 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 12:30 PM

To bankruptcy? LOL

#28 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 12:34 PM

To bankruptcy? LOL

It has already been made clear that aint happening...

#29 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,624 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 12:39 PM

My only fear in holding these calls is not lower prices, hell, we’re how many thousand points lower now. My fear is they close the market’s altogether.

#30 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 12:48 PM

TLT has now COMPLETEY reversed the panic move....