Situation worldwide is tragic and getting worse

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:21 AM

by the way I have a net profit of  95K less in my pockets due to the vertical drop that I didn' t take too seriously initially as many others did and considering that i' m a position trader and I cannot get out immediately at the first correction, so am I racist if I call it ....a mess ?  Just saying.......  

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#12 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:26 AM

Daily deaths in the world will peak within the next week and steadily decline in April.  

Edited by MikeyG, 25 March 2020 - 09:26 AM.

mdgcapital@protonmail.com  

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world." 

#13 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:33 AM

Daily deaths in the world will peak within the next week and steadily decline in April.  

that will happen in northern italy because measures of contrast were taken weeks ago, it won' t happen anywhere else in europe. There is an inertia to consider and when you take action many people are already infected, many of those are asymphtomatics and will freely spread the mess. 

Edited by andr99, 25 March 2020 - 09:35 AM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#14 gm_general

gm_general

• TT Member+
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 10:17 AM

This is a fascinating analysis. It's both good news and bad news.

https://wattsupwitht...nYd4-Gmji0tVo7A

Thank you Mark for giving these wattsup links - BTW I tried to Google the title of the other one (cruise ship analysis) and it was not showing at all - I had to go to duckduckgo and it was the first result. No surprise on this.

I did what analysis I could on the US data that I saw which was I think 452 deaths that day. Most deaths were over 70, and 80% of those under 70 had comorbidities, implying about 27 deaths under 70 with no comorbidities.

#15 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 10:25 AM

in my opinion someone abroad doesn' t say the truth. Death toll depends on the system you adopt to count : if someone who have other health issues is not counted as a direct victim the death toll falls down to 0.something. The truth is that all those people would have never died without this mess imported from china......and that is why we correctly make the count.   

It is tragic in Italy, Spain, and this tragedy is only spreading to other countries.  I do think this will likely happen in the US in a couple of weeks.  But please stop the racist phrase (virus from china), no.  Stop blaming China, blame your own government for not preparing the country for this.  It was January when your government should have acted.  Both Spain and Italy, it is 100% your governments' fault as will be the USA when it happens here.  

I don' t know what kind of racism you may find if one calls it a mess imported from china..................if it was imported from finland i would call it a mess imported from finland.........................My post was meant to underline that we didn' t generate the mess, we just imported it, so if you don' t like the whole phrase........cancel the second part.....i.e. from china 

I blame my government every day of the year as they are leftists, but you will see by yourself soon that there's little you can do to block the spread unless you close everything and until you understand you have to close everything, it spreads.  It will get tragic everywhere, not just italy or spain.......wait just a little

Nothing good has ever come out of China

#16 trioderob

trioderob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 11:23 AM

peak global COVID-19 case acceleration is almost here - next week or two, death rate peak in about a week or two but effects will last longer

Less death & suffering is welcome, after recession - 2 Q's of negative growth etc - economy will be back up -- AFTER that crucial early NOVEMBER date, it seems. 

I will be fine with that and praying for a new start for the USA 

#17 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 11:58 AM

It is the Chinese virus, just like  West Nile Virus, German Measles, Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever, St. Louis Encephalitis, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, etc etc.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule