Testing Will Allow Things to Open Up

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,269 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 03:06 PM

Once the main pandemic wave passes, some folks are still going to die from this, and really not much anyone can do about it.

Whether people like it or not, some death is going to have to become acceptable.

There is no perfect world.....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#12 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,794 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 03:28 PM

Peak Case Date for NY and CA is next 2 to 3 weeks 

FL and north-east a bit later but after that the gloom will lift and  the FED's cash infusion and other programs as well as $2 trillion program will kick in and stabilize both economy & market as well as improve sentiment.  

#13 Ticker

Ticker

• Traders-Talk User
  • 254 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 04:56 PM

I agree. We need to open up the economy soon. Dr Fauci today that we in things up when there are no new cases. That sounds insane.

#14 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 05:16 PM

I agree. We need to open up the economy soon. Dr Fauci today that we in things up when there are no new cases. That sounds insane.

Do you have a link for that info?  I can't find it, when I searched.

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#15 Ticker

Ticker

• Traders-Talk User
  • 254 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 05:47 PM

#16 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 05:54 PM

Do you have a link for that info?  I can't find it, when I searched.

man ... so much misinformation being spread ... he was talking about social distancing. 

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#17 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,269 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 05:55 PM

I am hoping he just sort of misspoke and did not actually mean Zero.

I would imagine once we get towards 25-30% of the peak, they will open things up.

Kind like where South Korea hit on March 10 or so.

They are still having cases, but it is totally manageable, and there is no big spike back up.

Edited by K Wave, 02 April 2020 - 05:56 PM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#18 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,066 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 06:06 PM

I would imagine once we get towards 25-30% of the peak, they will open things up.

They are still having cases, but it is totally manageable, and there is no big spike back up.

We cant copy SK until and unless we get our SH$% together ...

Testing, contact tracing, quarantine ...

#19 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,269 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 07:00 PM

We cant copy SK until and unless we get our SH$% together ...

Testing, contact tracing, quarantine ...

Based on the number of positive tests we already have in New York, this thing was very likely already extremely widespread before the complete shutdown.

In retrospect, while I agree with trying to "stop the spread", this will likely end up looking like an exercise in futility when the final numbers are in...for likely something that will have a similar kill rate to the flu.

But everything is always easier when you Monday Morning Quarterback it.....

Edited by K Wave, 02 April 2020 - 07:01 PM.

#20 Ticker

Ticker

• Traders-Talk User
  • 254 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 07:26 PM

Social distancing = decreased consumer spending.  Most small businesses run on thin margins.  Less consumer spending = less jobs = debt defaults = no V recovery = severe recession.  If we social distance which means no cruiselines, no sports, no concerts, less going to bars and restaurants, less of pretty much everything that is not essential - you know what that means.  Maybe consumers and the whole country needs to rethink the debt orgy that we have been on for the past several years and start saving.  The problem is that I don't think the system can handle that kind of change.  If we can that would be best for long term growth.