24 replies to this topic

#11 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 12:38 PM

Cheif -

are you dumb as a rock ?

they only have cut down the number of deaths because they SHUT DOWN THE WHOLE WORLD.

in this corner of europe, we would count infections in the order of some millions if it wasn' t for the shut down and I want to underline that the decision for the shut down was taken after suggestion from a scientific committee formed by scientists. So unless cheif is declared a member of the community of world's scientists, which thing might very well happen in another life, but for sure not in this one, I tend to pay more attention to what scientists have to say, more than to what our funny and cool cheif has to tell us. 

Edited by andr99, 06 April 2020 - 12:41 PM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#12 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,832 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 03:05 PM

Cheif -

are you dumb as a rock ?

they only have cut down the number of deaths because they SHUT DOWN THE WHOLE WORLD.

in this corner of europe, we would count infections in the order of some millions if it wasn' t for the shut down and I want to underline that the decision for the shut down was taken after suggestion from a scientific committee formed by scientists. So unless cheif is declared a member of the community of world's scientists, which thing might very well happen in another life, but for sure not in this one, I tend to pay more attention to what scientists have to say, more than to what our funny and cool cheif has to tell us. 

You likely had millions of infections before the shutdown....they just were not ever tested due to no or mild symptoms....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#13 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 03:12 PM

cheif,

Did you happen to notice that a guy here told me last week I was going to end up  living in my car LIKE YOU?

Not entirely sure, given how crazy he was at the time, if he meant you're living in my car or in your car, but since I went out and checked and you were not in my car, I'm pretty sure he was referring to you living in your car.

If so, my question is "do you change the car you're living in each day like underwear?"

biggrin.png

Don't give up your day job for stand up comedy.

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#14 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 03:17 PM

CRASH! -  The Fibster and da chef in the same thread.  All we need is the 7 sentimental guy and it will turn into a depression.

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#15 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,021 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 03:39 PM

I think that Italy's healthcare system got badly infected before anyone knew what was going on, and I think they had many many more cases earlier than they realized.

Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#16 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 04:09 PM

CRASH! -  The Fibster and da chef in the same thread.  All we need is the 7 sentimental guy and it will turn into a depression.

I guess this is funny. You've managed to make fun of three of the finest market players to ever grace this site in one fell swoop.

Maybe that's why one of them seldom visits here and another hardly ever comes by except when the market''s climbing (making him a pretty good indicator without him even having to say snort), and the third, the "7 sentimental guy,"  is too busy sharing his market insights with his 30,000 followers on Twitter to bother us with them here..

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#17 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 04:40 PM

I guess this is funny. You've managed to make fun of three of the finest market players to ever grace this site in one fell swoop.

Maybe that's why one of them seldom visits here and another hardly ever comes by except when the market''s climbing (making him a pretty good indicator without him even having to say snort), and the third, the "7 sentimental guy,"  is too busy sharing his market insights with his 30,000 followers on Twitter to bother us with them here..

OK, you hurt me.  I'll leave you alone, no more replying to your posts.  

17_16

#18 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 04:41 PM

guys you have nailed the point......we had a lot of infections well before the explosion of this thing. They have recognized it. The reconstruction of events says that anything starts in Baviera, Germany. A chinese business woman from Hubei region, got to Munchen without knowing to be infected. There she infected a few germans. The german authority got to know she was infected and quarantined everyone who came in contact with her. But unfortunately a Lombard guy was there also and got infected too and brought the infection to Lombardy. At this point in some time many others got infected in Lombardy and some got to the hospitals to be treated. But, the protocol given to the regions by roman government, was to not test people for covid because it was the typical time for normal flu in italy, so that no one was tested and the spread went on undisturbed. Until someone, worried by patient number 1, a 37 years old guy two meters tall in very good health condition till then, who was suddenly aggravating, decided to test him for covid and found him positive. The rest is a well known story. But pay attention because there are many young people in Veneto that are living in London in order to learn English and I' ve heard a testimonial last week saying that the same understimation has happened in England and I think also in France and more or less everywhere else. In other words it seems that anyone in the west, understimated what was happening resulting in what you see on tv every day. But without the shut down, we wouldn' t have reached the flat part of the infection curve as we' ve done recently. 

Edited by andr99, 06 April 2020 - 04:48 PM.

#19 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 05:01 PM

I' ve heard on local tv a girl from Venice, currently living in London, who said to tv on skype connection that she returned to London in very ill condition with high fever after a trip to France. She remained quarantined in her own London home and called the heath system to have a doctor visiting her. He did, but didn' t want to test her for covid, saying it was normal flu. But normal flu doesn' t get you as ill as she was and doesn' t last two weeks. Now she has recovered by herself, but that one is the consciousness that everyone had of covid in the west till a few weeks ago. And sorry guys, but I don' t think that America was more conscious than Europe of the danger coming.  

Edited by andr99, 06 April 2020 - 05:03 PM.

#20 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 05:40 PM

forgot....in Veneto we have made a number of tests that on percentage is the highest in the world. If the same is done elsewhere, I don' t know how many positives will be found. Believe me, I' m not being pessimist. We know the beast as we started earlier and we know the efforts one has to do to reach a security condition......and in my opinion there is great understimation in germany, england and france. Slow down of positives in the world an article on financial paper says. Sure.......you will see very soon...................it's a mess.       

Edited by andr99, 06 April 2020 - 05:43 PM.