BUFFET's BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY's 54 BILLION LOSS

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#31 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 03:35 PM

I don't think anyone knows what is going to happen, the key is to trade heavy in the direction you believe, but also

have a decent hedge so that if it doesn't work out you still make money and still have your original positions and

just have a different price point to start the trade over from. At least have it setup to be at about break even if the 

trade fails. I want the market to go to new highs but I can't make it happen, so I really don't care,

I never trade 100% all in one direction any more and I don't trade short term contracts, especially with VIX still high.

It's all about profitability, if you don't make money overall, then all the technical setups and charts are worthless,

I lost a lot of money trading short term contracts only, where the setups looked great.

Edited by CLK, 02 May 2020 - 03:37 PM.

#32 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 05:37 PM

Breaking news....

"Buffett does not think a plunge in stocks was an opportunity to buy"....

#33 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 05:51 PM

Breaking news....

Is that interpretation  or a news source?

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#34 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 06:18 PM

Conclusion:

The economic reports are showing staggering losses. The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas' general business activity index for manufacturing in Texas dropped to -73.7 in April 2020, its lowest reading since the survey began in 2004.

Retails sales decreased -8% in the week ending April 25, compared to the same week last year.

30 million workers are now unemployed. The Federal debt is nearing 25 trillion.

Investors are focusing on the reopening of the economy and not on the current economic bad news. And the bad news is almost mind-numbing.

How the stock market can continue to advance, with such economic destruction occurring now and in future months, is why these aggressive strategies remain in cash.

The SPX portion of this strategy is BEARISH. Aggressive traders should be in CASH (money market funds).

http://secure.campai...--prg48-z6xg5o7

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore

#35 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 07:34 PM

Conclusion:

The economic reports are showing staggering losses. The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas' general business activity index for manufacturing in Texas dropped to -73.7 in April 2020, its lowest reading since the survey began in 2004.

Retails sales decreased -8% in the week ending April 25, compared to the same week last year.

30 million workers are now unemployed. The Federal debt is nearing 25 trillion.

Investors are focusing on the reopening of the economy and not on the current economic bad news. And the bad news is almost mind-numbing.

How the stock market can continue to advance, with such economic destruction occurring now and in future months, is why these aggressive strategies remain in cash.

The SPX portion of this strategy is BEARISH. Aggressive traders should be in CASH (money market funds).

http://secure.campai...--prg48-z6xg5o7

Another place is High Yield Muni Bonds ... The Fed is supporting the market. HYD

I'm earning about 4.5% tax free on my investment. NHMAX

EMB for more risk.

Edited by Dex, 02 May 2020 - 07:35 PM.

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#36 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 07:57 PM

Edited by pdx5, 02 May 2020 - 08:01 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#37 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 08:01 PM

Another place is High Yield Muni Bonds ... The Fed is supporting the market. HYD

EMB for more risk.

I have a mix of HYBonds and stocks, buying the strong dips in stocks, and I am beating Buffet hands down, this year only LOL.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#38 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 09:11 PM

EMB for more risk.

I have a mix of HYBonds and stocks, buying the strong dips in stocks, and I am beating Buffet hands down, this year only LOL.

HYG had a very nice move up, but seems to be moving back down....  Waiting to see how next week plays out....

HYG on my IWM chart.......

https://stockcharts....092&a=743772845

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore

#39 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 09:26 PM

EMB for more risk.

HYG had a very nice move up, but seems to be moving back down....  Waiting to see how next week plays out....

HYG on my IWM chart.......

https://stockcharts....092&a=743772845

Had something come up and couldn't finish my post.... I hear you on a nice safe 5% return Brother for some of my retirement money. I'm close to 70 now and have some funds I don't take much risk with.  I have some IRA CD's earning  close to 4% I bought sometime back.

Some more thoughts on HYG and why I track it......

HYG had a very nice move up, but seems to be moving back down.... It normally moves closely with stocks, or leads. It will be interesting to see if the Fed can change that too. If SPX BTs or retest the lows HYG should follow.  Waiting to see how next week plays out....  

HYG is a sector/pattern I track, but don't post much. I started tracking it after reading over some stuff from Jeff Clark....  Worth tracking in my opinion. On the chart below.....  Read over the posts from Jeff, and you can decided if it's a tool/pattern you want to use.   I use it when looking for clues on where the market might be headed. The Fed caused a spike, but can the divergence continue?

https://www.jeffclarktrader.com/?s=hyg

https://stockcharts....170&a=747293075

Edited by robo, 02 May 2020 - 09:32 PM.

#40 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 10:19 PM

It is paraphrase and my own and others own interpretation

https://www.cnbc.com...oronavirus.html

he is not loading up on stocks yet as he did during previous crashes. He is not ready yet.

and he has 140 billion dollars in treasuries, the single worst investment in the entire world.  He needs to buy massive amounts of silver or gold instead.

Breaking news....

Is that interpretation  or a news source?