don't want to sound like to uch of an alarmist, but, as

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#11 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 01:23 PM

some of you know that have talked to me over the years,  live in Rhinebeck, 90 miles North of NYC in Dutchess County.  The County death toll went from 69 last week to almost a hundred this week NYC is slowing down but the virus is expanding upstate. How are you going to open up NYS ? how about other hard hit areas?  TMMMMBERRRRRR!. (JMHO)

Pick another subject Brother....  

"88% of deaths are people who had 1 foot in the grave and other on covid-19."

No need to comment on this reply, but worth blocking. 

Happy Mother's Day to all of the Mother's in your family.

Flat going into tomorrow, and Waiting to see how the lower BB tag plays out tomorrow. I didn't need a 35% rally to get even since I made a [bleeep] on the move down, but did go long once we moved back above the 10 MA. Buy signals are green arrows and sell signals are red arrows. I use other indicators for Risk Management, but will not post them here. Sure,  I get whipsawed sometimes, but I don't take huge losses either. 

https://stockcharts....908&a=751665975

This about sums up this market in my opinion.

HAWG_bigger.JPG

May 8

Biggest disconnect of our lives... these stocks are now like "baseball cards" ... mementos of a greater time... when companies made lots of $$ and people had jobs... Ahh Nostalgia... go for it... it won't last.

What that said, my buy and sell signals are on the chart above. You can use SDS and SSO to BT the signals to see how my system performed. I trade VXF with my 401k funds at Vanguard. I'm a simple trend trader, and news events, like  CNBC, all the freaking GURU's that come on,  mean nothing to my system. The charts sometimes tell us (warnings) that something is coming in the news before it ever happens.

In case you would like to add this indicator to your toolbox. I use this as risk Management tool only. My buy and sell signals are not based on one indicator. The trend overrules all indicators and has the final say of my positions. They would just be smaller or in cash as I wait....

Two Possibilities… and Both Are Bearish
By Jeff Clark May 8, 2020Print 

The Volatility Index (VIX) is sending another warning sign.

After peaking above 80 during the March decline in the stock market, the VIX has steadily declined over the past several weeks.

But, it’s approaching its lower Bollinger Band (BB). It’s likely to find support here and bounce. And, a bounce in the VIX usually goes along with a quick decline in the broad stock market.

https://www.jeffclar...th-are-bearish/

Read over these comments if you think you would like to track it. I did a search for you with a link to the articles....

Again, I don't trade using this data, but I track it....

https://www.jeffclar...r.com/?s=vix bb

Edited by robo, 10 May 2020 - 01:33 PM.

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore

#12 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 11:33 AM

some of you know that have talked to me over the years,  live in Rhinebeck, 90 miles North of NYC in Dutchess County.  The County death toll went from 69 last week to almost a hundred this week NYC is slowing down but the virus is expanding upstate. How are you going to open up NYS ? how about other hard hit areas?  TMMMMBERRRRRR!. (JMHO)

Pick another subject Brother....  

"88% of deaths are people who had 1 foot in the grave and other on covid-19."

No need to comment on this reply, but worth blocking. 

Happy Mother's Day to all of the Mother's in your family.

Flat going into tomorrow, and Waiting to see how the lower BB tag plays out tomorrow. I didn't need a 35% rally to get even since I made a [bleeep] on the move down, but did go long once we moved back above the 10 MA. Buy signals are green arrows and sell signals are red arrows. I use other indicators for Risk Management, but will not post them here. Sure,  I get whipsawed sometimes, but I don't take huge losses either. 

https://stockcharts....908&a=751665975

This about sums up this market in my opinion.

HAWG_bigger.JPG

May 8

Biggest disconnect of our lives... these stocks are now like "baseball cards" ... mementos of a greater time... when companies made lots of $$ and people had jobs... Ahh Nostalgia... go for it... it won't last.

What that said, my buy and sell signals are on the chart above. You can use SDS and SSO to BT the signals to see how my system performed. I trade VXF with my 401k funds at Vanguard. I'm a simple trend trader, and news events, like  CNBC, all the freaking GURU's that come on,  mean nothing to my system. The charts sometimes tell us (warnings) that something is coming in the news before it ever happens.

In case you would like to add this indicator to your toolbox. I use this as risk Management tool only. My buy and sell signals are not based on one indicator. The trend overrules all indicators and has the final say of my positions. They would just be smaller or in cash as I wait....

Two Possibilities… and Both Are Bearish
By Jeff Clark May 8, 2020Print 

The Volatility Index (VIX) is sending another warning sign.

After peaking above 80 during the March decline in the stock market, the VIX has steadily declined over the past several weeks.

But, it’s approaching its lower Bollinger Band (BB). It’s likely to find support here and bounce. And, a bounce in the VIX usually goes along with a quick decline in the broad stock market.

https://www.jeffclar...th-are-bearish/

Read over these comments if you think you would like to track it. I did a search for you with a link to the articles....

Again, I don't trade using this data, but I track it....

https://www.jeffclar...r.com/?s=vix bb

thanks!