Posted 16 May 2020 - 08:56 AM

Still holding up fairly well:

https://www.marketin...ine-volume-line

#24 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,167 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 08:57 AM

When you do not know just say something like: "it is consolidating and could rebound or decline from here on"

https://www.marketin...lume-oscillator

#25 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,167 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 08:58 AM

a TOP 5 indicator for me: it is consolidating...LOL, see post above to decipher what "consolidating" means

https://www.marketin...summation-index

#26 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,167 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 09:02 AM

outa here, hopefully for the rest of this weekend; damnnnn, should I have been more aggressive in buying PUTS? 

Sunday night futures gonna be a gas

48e18616e7097456a3e3d2b71a3e7695_bigger.

Could’ve mentioned: Buffett and the Billionaire “Been There” Club of hedge-fund eminences are speaking in cautious/pessimistic tones, which seems contrarian positive. But there’s been so much shouting-down of them as irrelevant or contra signals that it’s hard to compute.

#27 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,167 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 09:04 AM

hmmmm

gets interesting.... last one today:

Replying to
Interesting. My signal is most are bearish but some bears have bought big tech/WFH $QQQ and shorted small cap/dead Economy $IWM $ xle $xlf because outright bearish was so wrong

#28 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,639 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 09:25 AM

All the major indexes I track remain below their 13 EMA.....

You left out the leader that is powered by the BIG 5.

NDX just bounced off the 13 and QQQ is clearly still in bull mode above 220, with a real possibility of new swing high being made next week.

To ignore that is trading with blinders on...plain and simple.

Now, if QQQ comes back under 220 on Monday, then the odds of a sharp pullback would grow.

But for now, the Big 5 and NDX/QQQ are still above the 5 min 900 and have NOT yet generated a swing sell signal.

And it is pretty unlikely we are going to see a big decline until they do generate that signal.

My 2 cents

Edited by K Wave, 16 May 2020 - 09:26 AM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#29 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 09:41 AM

All the major indexes I track remain below their 13 EMA.....

You left out the leader that is powered by the BIG 5.

NDX just bounced off the 13 and QQQ is clearly still in bull mode above 220, with a real possibility of new swing high being made next week.

To ignore that is trading with blinders on...plain and simple.

Now, if QQQ comes back under 220 on Monday, then the odds of a sharp pullback would grow.

But for now, the Big 5 and NDX/QQQ are still above the 5 min 900 and have NOT yet generated a swing sell signal.

And it is pretty unlikely we are going to see a big decline until they do generate that signal.

My 2 cents

LOL.... I track indexes with a high numbers of companies. I could careless about a index that is moved higher because of 5 or 6 stocks. It is you that have the blinders on in my opinion, but we can leave it at that. Until those indexes get back above the 13 EMA it's my opinion this market has trouble ahead. 

I do respect your opinion as many traders trade those sectors and do well. However, I don't trade where the MOMO traders trade most of the time..

Take Care.

Edited by robo, 16 May 2020 - 09:42 AM.

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore

#30 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 09:45 AM

You should have asked me why I only track those indexes instead of telling my I have blinders on, but that is typical of this forum. I would have explained it to you why I don't track the indexes you mentioned. There is only a few traders here that respect opinions they disagree with. But that's ok to. 

Edited by robo, 16 May 2020 - 09:50 AM.

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore