Investors in Gilead, first due diligence

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 dowdeva

dowdeva

• Traders-Talk User
  • 525 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 11:12 AM

And everyone seems to be so interested in George Soros. What about the egregious self interest of the powers that be in Unitaid?

Look at the links at the bottom of the (very well written) article?

Anyone at all?

Anyone?

#12 dowdeva

dowdeva

• Traders-Talk User
  • 525 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 11:16 AM

dwnowhere1 and kwave,

He sure did own them in February and Wuxi also. Here's from the SEC February filing:

GILEAD SCIENCES INC COM 375558103 $ 58,428 1,375,736 SH SOLE 

Yes, he sold the shares (and Wuxi), Totally different from never owning them. THAT IS IMPORTANT.  Somewhere between the time he owned them in February and the next quarterly statement. And during that time it went to ninety dollars per share from seventy dollars per share.

Thereby making him over million dollars in one month on GILD alone on frenzied news regarding the company

And don't you find even more reprehensible that he marked up the shares with the help of the media and sold them, AFTER he (GILD) walked away from immediately choosing to help people suffering with Corona virus (which was made in a stinky lab just down the street) , in order to seek a patent with Wuxi Pharmaceuticals, which coincidentally, he also no longer owns?

Why would he do something like that, with the opportunity to make even more money than he did through selling the shares, if the medicine can help cure a PANDEMIC? You know, pandemic?  Like the plague? Millions of people suffering and sick? You know why? Well, I'll tell you why. There is no pandemic, the market for the drug is minuscule and even so, the drug probably is a piece of junk.

Remember, GILD could have immediately marketed this 'amazing' drug through a clause in licensing procedure for drugs if an emergency conditions are present in the world.

Fact: Since March there have been no insider buys on GILD

Projection: Watch the stock tank.

Fact: I am going to short the heck out of this stinker that Soros has been trading in and out of since 2010.

Correction: hereby making him over million dollars in one month on GILD alone on frenzied news regarding the company

should read:

hereby making him over two million dollars in one month on GILD alone on frenzied news regarding the company

Also, I apologize for forgetting to include you Iblayz. I have always respected your market analysis.

#13 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,666 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 11:21 AM

dwnowhere1 and kwave,

He sure did own them in February and Wuxi also. Here's from the SEC February filing:

GILEAD SCIENCES INC COM 375558103 $ 58,428 1,375,736 SH SOLE 

Yes, he sold the shares (and Wuxi), Totally different from never owning them. THAT IS IMPORTANT.  Somewhere between the time he owned them in February and the next quarterly statement. And during that time it went to ninety dollars per share from seventy dollars per share.

Thereby making him over million dollars in one month on GILD alone on frenzied news regarding the company

And don't you find even more reprehensible that he marked up the shares with the help of the media and sold them, AFTER he (GILD) walked away from immediately choosing to help people suffering with Corona virus (which was made in a stinky lab just down the street) , in order to seek a patent with Wuxi Pharmaceuticals, which coincidentally, he also no longer owns?

Why would he do something like that, with the opportunity to make even more money than he did through selling the shares, if the medicine can help cure a PANDEMIC? You know, pandemic?  Like the plague? Millions of people suffering and sick? You know why? Well, I'll tell you why. There is no pandemic, the market for the drug is minuscule and even so, the drug probably is a piece of junk.

Remember, GILD could have immediately marketed this 'amazing' drug through a clause in licensing procedure for drugs if an emergency conditions are present in the world.

Fact: Since March there have been no insider buys on GILD

Projection: Watch the stock tank.

Fact: I am going to short the heck out of this stinker that Soros has been trading in and out of since 2010.

You do realize that document he posted was from 2011, right?

Come on people, don't be so lazy.....the guy even put a link in there...all you had to do was click on it.

https://www.sec.gov/...m_13f-soros.txt

"Report for the Calendar Year or Quarter Ended: March 31, 2011"

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#14 dwnowhere1

dwnowhere1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 11:51 AM

dowdeva:

I don't get what the beef is with George Soros.   So he made 2 million in a month off of Gilead in 2011, or say even 2020.

He's known to be a big proponent of reflexivity as applied to economics and seems to play the short side more than long.

From my readings the far right (whoever they are) don't like him because of his support of far left (whoever they are) causes.

This makes him neither good nor bad, just that he has a belief system (like we all do) that may differ from yours or mine.

To take that, and build a case he is doing all this behind the scene manipulation is a far reach.

Promoting / publishing either sides (right or left) conspiracy theories is the problem.   Doing so puts out false information which if

repeated enough, or given creditability by those who have a large voice or pulpit, tends to reinforce that information, and confuse

the reader (its intended purpose).   It is propoganda, pure and simple, by one side or the other.

Back to trading.

Edited by dwnowhere1, 18 May 2020 - 11:55 AM.