3of 3 front and center

• Please log in to reply
1292 replies to this topic

#41 ryanoo

ryanoo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 660 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:50 PM

i have been using the 70s as my roadmap, soon , later in the summer, commodities will enter center stage, and food prices will go up. a year more or less diamonds will become a thing to own. through it all its going to be real money  gold and silver.  the key is you want to keep it simple. no debt, no leverage.  and play it in a way you are comfortable.  folks have lived through all kinds of stuff , we will live through this.   just dont shoot yourself in the foot

dharma

just checked if there is a diamond etf, and it showed me DIA, which is precisely the 'diamond' not to own, lol!  actually i have no debt except for children to marry and still to look after a bit longer.  for the past twenty yrs i always bot house and cars with cash, no mortgage or loans, i paid off children's college loans, so i am not in a bad shape.  want to retire next few years and move to an asian country where i can enjoy daily lives better with a good healthcare.  but i worry USD will become weak relative to other currencies and coupled with global stagflation/inflation, i am thinking we may need to live golden years a bit frugally.  right now am thinking to buy a residence there in a couple of years when the deflation takes place after Covid19, and then do the best to diversify the funds with global funds, US funds and inflation linked bonds in my 401k.  i have some tax sheltered retirement fund only in precious metal funds, while only gold/silver etfs in roth iras.  i guess Ray Dalio's secret in success is diversifying into unrelated asset classes (correlation as close to zero as possible) and into multiple competing countries.  i have his portfolio at bridgewater but not sure if it may need be different after Covid19.  in one of his interviews he said two areas that will be successful: basic necessities and the inventive companies.  So food prices will certainly be part of it.  Will commodities rise soon, or will it first tank in deflationary environment before taking off?  [The money velocity chart vs. cpi indicates deflation in a few quarters.]

Edited by ryanoo, 30 June 2020 - 02:54 PM.

#42 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 03:05 PM

i dont have a trained eye for diamonds. but i can research diamond miners. that is how i plan to play the diamond run. 

now these are not recommendations  they are ideas so if you buy this and it blows up , dont blame me its your money and your responsibility   these will be dead money until diamonds are seen as a store of value , undetectable , and easily portable. 

lucrf its one i have seen doug casey  recommend in the past. i believe they pay a dividend. but that may have gone away

the other is olvrf . pierre lassonde  had a significant stake in this . i dont know if he still does its .02  -.03 it got to over $2 in 11 

it got some good play. if they dont go bankrupt between now and then  

dharma

#43 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,030 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 03:11 PM

SLV...very nice finish to the month....now just ONE MORE PUSH!

slv.png

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#44 ryanoo

ryanoo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 660 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 03:43 PM

Did commercials do some short covering today?  Then it can rise more freely from tomorrow and slv can cross the next line if it can rise by 0.5 quickly, lol!  I bot a little slv Aug calls strike 18 at 0.3 a few days ago and it is 0.49 today.  daily chart looks strong.

#45 ryanoo

ryanoo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 660 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 04:40 PM

dharma, thanks for the diamond miners' symbols. As to the commodity, it seems clear we are at historically low point, similar valuation to 1929, 1966, and 1999, with an almost guaranteed 10 bagger (relative to dow)  if one can hold for 3-10 years.  this chart shows that ...

106278086_10214466305086344_454399800170

#46 ryanoo

ryanoo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 660 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 04:59 PM

go long commodities, short dow, box it, and forget about it, lol!

#47 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:06 PM

Gold all time quarterly closing high today!

Last time that occurred in 07 (taking out 80 high) Au preceded to rally 50% over following two quarters.

#48 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,030 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:37 PM

Platinum on the verge of having the 200 MA kink upwards nearly silmutaneously on 60, 90, 120 min charts.

Once the kink up actually happens, will feel much better about PL actually completing a turn here...

90 min look

pl.png

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#49 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 10:29 PM

anyone follow KL?

what a monster. thought to buy it many times and neve could pull trigger. had best chance ever this spring and was too slow

#50 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 10:34 PM

Patience , one day she might come back

http://schrts.co/Wadqdjve