New York -Why doing so well with virus

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 traderx

traderx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:36 AM

Some have said it must be herd immunity.

I searched on internet on herd immunity and New York,, found 31 million hits, "none" about New York.

Some do not   want to give credit  Governor of New York, Mayor of New York City for management of virus, and the people  complying and the top hospital system in the country.

Those who  always want to say NY is bad, can never see good, although the news media  and  experts have over and over commented on great job done in NY.

#2 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,474 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:41 AM

I have a quick question totally off subject but is there anyone on here that can confirm that Manhatten is all boarded up or at least was, saw a video on that don't know if thats true or not?

#3 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,649 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:47 AM

NYC metro area has had pretty much the worst outcome in the world. That is an actual fact.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#4 claire

claire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 649 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 10:27 AM

I have a quick question totally off subject but is there anyone on here that can confirm that Manhatten is all boarded up or at least was, saw a video on that don't know if thats true or not?

The short answer is "no." There were areas boarded up as a precaution early during the height of the protest demonstrations, but there was minimal looting that I'm aware of and the the boards have come down. Some stores may have remained boarded up in the midtown area -- not sure.

People are jogging in the parks, bike riding, walking on streets that were closed to traffic to add to pedestrian space for distancing, and, an overwhelming majority of people are wearing masks. It's rare to see someone without a mask and some people carry extra masks to give them one when that happens. I'm sure there are isolated clusters of exceptions of which I'm unaware. 

New Yorkers have been remarkable in their efforts to curtail the spread. Groups of young volunteers have been running errands for the elderly and those without resources. It's heartening that the best has been brought out in so many during the shutdown.

#5 claire

claire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 649 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 10:33 AM

NYC metro area has had pretty much the worst outcome in the world. That is an actual fact.

Yes, it did, and has had an equally dramatic decline. Your point is???

#6 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,649 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 12:03 PM

My point is that other areas will soon have equally dramatic declines without the extreme carnage....clear enough?

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#7 traderx

traderx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 12:17 PM

NYC metro area has had pretty much the worst outcome in the world. That is an a fact

Yes K-wave ----reason dense population and soooooo many flights from Europeons and Chinese flying in  and bringing virus into NYC area.

Face all the facts!!!!!!

#8 traderx

traderx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 12:17 PM

outcome is now

#9 traderx

traderx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 12:24 PM

Claire, K-wave keeps going back to past, a chance to knock NY.

He never mentions reason for past, virus flying in to  NYC bring virus there, 40,000 flights from China and Europe bringing virus  through 3 major airports in NYC. Why is he not interested in what is happening now?

#10 traderx

traderx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 12:27 PM

My point is that other areas will soon have equally dramatic declines without the extreme carnage....clear enough?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All predictions in past were wrong, we will see in a couple weeks  if there is any dramatic downturn anywhere,so far none.