Photo

why nyc had trouble with virus at first, and now is the best state in the country

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 12:16 PM

CLK The reason it's better is that the ones who would have died are all dead already.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't get it-please explain. CLK

I think he means that those people who were weak and elderly have died already and the remaining ones are healthy and/or young and thus less susceptible to the virus killing them.

fwiw, gis

Yes, that's what I meant. 

New York is 25% of the total deaths in the country, add New Jersey and it's about 1/3.

#12 traderx

traderx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 01:13 PM

I think he means that those people who were weak and elderly have died already and the remaining ones are healthy and/or young and thus less susceptible to the virus killing them.

I knew what CLK meant-but could not  imagine someone saying that or feeling that way, no feelings  just mean, cold, not his close ones and relatives

Where else has someone said something like that ---check news, internet anywhere??????????????????????????

#13 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 01:38 PM

You were trying to prove some point that New York is doing something the rest of the country hasn't

adhered to yet, it has nothing to do with that, it has nothing to do with how I feel about those that have 

died already. It's sad that 30 year olds are recently dying from this as well as the elderly.

#14 traderx

traderx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 01:54 PM

CLK

You were trying to prove some point that New York is doing something the rest of the country hasn't

adhered to yet, it has nothing to do with that, it has nothing to do with how I feel about those that have 

died already. It's sad that 30 year olds are recently dying from this as well as the elderly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every night on all Networks including Fox they say what states are doing terrific including NY and NJ doing great and  most other states not doing well especially Florida, Texas, Arizona and Calif.

Your statements above are correct. I agree!

#15 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 05:50 AM

Why is media pushing "positive test numbers" without adding how many are without symptoms and how many had mild symptoms?
I have concluded that the unusual dry cough I had after my cruise ended on March 1st, was a mild attack of covid-19. And I must have acquired some T-cell immunity for more serious infections. Because I never locked myself into the basement since returning from cruise. My dozens of visits to Walmart, target, restaurants, gas stations, hospital, eye doctor, etc without wearing mask until June caused no symptomatic infection.

Final point, why is it not responsibility of people with serious existing comorbidities to protect themselves? Why shut down all healthy young people and prevent them from their livelyhoods? Death rates for healthy people under age 60 for such category are smaller than almost all other contagious diseases.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#16 traderx

traderx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 06:15 AM

PDX5

Final point, why is it not responsibility of people with serious existing comorbidities to protect themselves? Why shut down all healthy young people and prevent them from their livelyhoods? Death rates for healthy people under age 60 for such category are smaller than almost all other contagious diseases.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every day several times a day they say reason on TV. Young can be carriers symptomatic, that will carry it to family. Right now teachers all over country talk is if schools open teachers are fearful for themselves and families of children.

#17 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,021 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 12:47 PM

PDX5

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every day several times a day they say reason on TV. Young can be carriers symptomatic, that will carry it to family. Right now teachers all over country talk is if schools open teachers are fearful for themselves and families of children.

From what I'm reading, children are not very good carriers and rotten spreaders. The experience in other countries that kept or are keeping schools open supports. The risk to teachers is small.

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#18 traderx

traderx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 01:10 PM

I appreciate your comment.

You might be right---but on TV yesterday many teachers in this country do not want schools opened and are scared. Saw reports of Calif. and Florida  and other.. Randy Weingarten national president of teachers association.

A  lot of confusion exists on this subject.

https://www.business...evidence-2020-5

#19 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,822 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 01:35 PM

If anyone had any sense at all, they would would just delay the open by a month. Then either extend it a month into next summer, or just have a shorter school year.

My kids did learn not much of anything during the online fiasco in April and May, and I see no point in doing that again.

Things will be much better by Mid-August when many schools are scheduled to open, but by mid-September, it will have virtually disappeared as the whole country curve looks like NY now.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#20 traderx

traderx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 02:30 PM

good idea-delay