dow has just started another leg up

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 09:39 AM

SPX pushes out to new high above one of the most dramatic pivot zones you are likely to see on a chart...

spx.png

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#12 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 09:44 AM

Dow rapidly playing catch up now.

If you can't see the massive importance of the Island in the sky pivot, then you need some better glasses....

Let's see if Dow can maybe do it all in 1 day.....need another 400 or points or so.

dji.png

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#13 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 10:14 AM

SP not able to overcome that resistance just yet.....

SOX still not feeling so well...

booked the RUT DOW longs a bit ago when SPX did not hold 3230 backtest and watching for now...

SOX action worrisome enough that will wait until SPX actually can hold above 3230 before re-entering...

#14 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 10:20 AM

SP not able to overcome that resistance just yet.....

SOX still not feeling so well...

booked the RUT DOW longs a bit ago when SPX did not hold 3230 backtest and watching for now...

SOX action worrisome enough that will wait until SPX actually can hold above 3230 before re-entering...

Exactly right, SPX has to close above 3230 otherwise it is done for a while.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#15 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 11:10 AM

backtest of 3200 may be where the rubber meets the road today for SPX

#16 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 11:14 AM

UVXY just backtested 32...this could be moment of truth....

#17 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 12:41 PM

So far so good on both of the above....

3200 looks to be a good stop at this juncture....

If it goes up and takes out the highs one more time, then roof likely comes off.....

Trannies flyin' today.....

UPS at 2020 highs...Whoa....That wasn't supposed to happen in the Greatest Disaster of All Time according to some on this boardrolleyes.gif

#18 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,438 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 02:17 PM

Do not sell that beautiful Italian crystal ball! It is working good!! So far.... 

thank you, but it's not a crystal ball.....it's looking at what works leaving apart what doesn' t. Do you know how I learned to play tennis by myself getting to a point that a guy that at his best was ranked in the first 20 of italy, called phenomenal considering the total absence of the hand of national trainers ? The secret is in the brain. Even the most scarce player once out of one hundred times hits the ball correctly. I just focused on why I hit the ball so well that time and analyzing the possible reasons, eventually I learned to play like a pro with no tennis school at all behind me. Just focus on what works and try to understand why.........my suggestion.      

Edited by andr99, 15 July 2020 - 02:20 PM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#19 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 02:21 PM

Watching UVXY here into the close..if it collapse into close, may bode well for breakout tomorrow....

But back above 31, and could be warning to bulls that it aint gonna happen....

#20 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,438 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 02:44 PM

forgot.......learning by yourself is a good habit, it makes you save a lot of money. I don' t know if my parents would have ever paid all the money the guy asks (whose ranking I never controlled, but I believe him as he is well known and really strong.....we also had the number three in our province a few years ago......internationally they were worth nothing because tennis is not the most popular sport here, but however being among the first 20 in the country is not that easy I think.....so hat off to them ).  

Edited by andr99, 15 July 2020 - 02:45 PM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard