Bulls Chant Into A Megaphone - 'All-Time Highs'

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#21 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 08:22 AM

We're at such extremes its ridiculous!  I never care about bull or bear markets and don't give a crap about new highs or not!  I just want to trade both up and down and were now at the stage we could wake up to -3% anytime and that's not a healthy market.   Even the watch the skyers should agree with that lol.  There's more to look at then just one indicator of bullish or bearish traders.  The market is at its most ever extreme valuation, so fundamentals suck,,, via options,, the new real market is at extreme extreme extreme bullishness with calls,,,, technically its almost extremely overbought and although down that darn volatility is refusing to get down to that 15 level.  Finally the Fed is pulling back with pomo so there's little help there.  Anyhow the only thing I'll hold overnight are shorts cause I'm worried there will be a -3% downer anytime or should I say lets hope so we get back to good tradeable markets instead of stretching it out to a new high and then straight down again.  One thing for sure that may start this volatility is were now in the final 10 days of trading for this expiration cycle and way to high for this stage of the cycle.... 

#22 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 08:28 AM

Slow morning, but got my 3350 levels so my average short is now 3348!! 

How many contracts do you have altogether?

Thanks, gis

I will never let that out but can say that with my strategy I can continue on for a while till the market turns.  I never expect to hit it perfectly but like to always place my profit stops right away when I see them and then start all over again which btw I was taken out for 1 point profit just now at 3347 cause I was typing here but now starting a new short at 3350 yay got it! 

#23 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 08:46 AM

Average short now 3353 bet you can guess that I at least have 2 contracts on now lol! 

#24 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 08:55 AM

Here's an interesting fact.  At the February high there were 88% of companies above their 200 dma and now there are only 59% as we approach it again.  Oh ya its just about 5 stocks I forgot lol!  Come on people lets see some real volatility....

#25 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 08:59 AM

Hmmmm profit stop right at 3353 wanna see if we can get more downside, if not I'll start selling right above again!! 

#26 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 09:03 AM

TSLA failed launch after the stick save on Friday.....getting very close to the cliff edge now....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#27 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 09:04 AM

Ok profit stop 3350 cmon lets get it down some more!! 

#28 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 09:04 AM

Fang stocks all red, save for AAPL.

If that one reverses red, tech may be in some trouble....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#29 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 09:06 AM

Whew that was close good thing I put it in after I posted here lol!! 

#30 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 09:09 AM

GOOG and NFLX both look about to make importnant decision at 15 min 900....

If they break to the downside, may only be a matter of time until others follow.

IF they hold, then AAPL may still lead the way higher for a bit longer...