"Superman's" trading secret exposed: TYLENOL

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 07:31 PM

Could this be "Superman's" bullish trading secret?

Could this also be why I sold my Apple stock years ago when it went up $1 in a day, since I don't take Tylenol?

Maybe I just need more Tylenol to trade in this environment...

STUDY: Taking TYLENOL Makes People Take Greater Risks...

Students who’d taken acetaminophen viewed “bungee jumping off a tall bridge” or taking skydiving classes as less risky than those given a placebo.

‘They just don’t feel as scared’

“Acetaminophen seems to make people feel less negative emotion when they consider risky activities – they just don’t feel as scared,” explains study co-author Baldwin Way, an associate professor of psychology, in a university release. “With nearly 25 percent of the population in the U.S. taking acetaminophen each week, reduced risk perceptions and increased risk-taking could have important effects on society.”

Another experiment uses a standard risk-taking assessment to see if the results hold true under different circumstances. Once again, 545 students took either a dose of Tylenol or a placebo. Afterwards, participants completed a computer game in which they get cash rewards for blowing up a balloon without popping it. Students push a button to “inflate” the virtual balloon and receive money as the balloon gets bigger. They can choose to keep blowing up the balloon or stop and collect the reward.

I hope to die in good health with a half a loaf of bread and a half filled balloon in the cabinet. LOL!

Edited by Rogerdodger, 08 September 2020 - 07:36 PM.

#2 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 07:44 PM

no reason to be scared of anything when there is an army of professional scaredy cats doing it for u eh?    675 ono ....snort   fear will only shorten ur life......heh heh

Edited by da_cheif, 08 September 2020 - 07:45 PM.

#3 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,943 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 07:56 PM

It looks that some of the nightly monkeys had Tylenol tonight ..............

#4 xe2dy

xe2dy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 404 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 10:55 AM

This thread is a great example of what may be coming. The facts will be distorted and the division will be nation wide IMO.

#5 dwnowhere1

dwnowhere1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 175 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 12:21 PM

The facts will be distorted

I agree and is the CORE of the problem -- who do you believe?

COVID-19 is a good example and just the tip of the iceberg.

Propaganda knows no bounds and with "Free Speech" anyone can say anything.

The use of "fake media" was designed to set the stage to sow non-reliance on any information other than the speaker.

Let us not forget:  Power Corrupts and Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely!

The question becomes:

Will the reader/listener put forth the effort to check what is said for validity, and will they actually believe the results after checking?

Edited by dwnowhere1, 09 September 2020 - 12:26 PM.

#6 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 04:10 PM

WOW!

Now I really need a Tylenol!!!

;-)