the equinox marks the turn in the pm sector "a new leg higher"

• Please log in to reply
2864 replies to this topic

#2271 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 12 January 2022 - 12:48 PM

so far the sector looks constructive . we have been making higher lows in gold . i want to see higher highs as well to confirm the trend

dharma

#2272 CHAx

CHAx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 12 January 2022 - 12:57 PM

Hmmm...  gold in euro and GDX relative weakness keeps me in scalper mode for now.

#2273 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 12 January 2022 - 12:58 PM

David Hunter says silver to $50 by the first half of 2022

For those that keep asking,my gold & silver forecast remains unchanged. I continue to expect gold to rally to $2500 & silver to $50 in the 1st half of 2022. Miners retested lows as rates ran up & are beginning big rallies. My targets remain GDX $60,GDXJ $100,SIL $75 & SILJ $35.

Seems like quite an aggressive forecast, but it is true that the metals tend to play 'catch up' in short periods or chunks of time

#2274 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,998 posts

Posted 12 January 2022 - 01:11 PM

For those that keep asking,my gold & silver forecast remains unchanged. I continue to expect gold to rally to $2500 & silver to $50 in the 1st half of 2022. Miners retested lows as rates ran up & are beginning big rallies. My targets remain GDX $60,GDXJ $100,SIL $75 & SILJ $35.

Seems like quite an aggressive forecast, but it is true that the metals tend to play 'catch up' in short periods or chunks of time

Where did you catch David?

#2275 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 12 January 2022 - 01:24 PM

these are not aggressive calls, but for this point in the cycle , "show me", they may not pan out.  there are flocks of black swans flying everywhere . so i have to be open to 

all possibilities.    he posts on twitter quite regularly  i also saw these there

dharma

#2276 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 12 January 2022 - 04:21 PM

very nice finish . up up and away i believe 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#2277 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,041 posts

Posted 12 January 2022 - 04:23 PM

IVN is a BEAST

#2278 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,041 posts

Posted 12 January 2022 - 04:43 PM

https://www.tradingv...com/x/KbftQNmJ/

feels like we need one more wave down in gold.

#2279 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 604 posts

Posted 12 January 2022 - 06:47 PM

One More Try

By Avi

The metals have meandered into our pivots and have backed away each time.  Right now, it looks like they are trying to build the structure to give it one more try to break out.

Silver is now butting its head against its immediate pivot, which was created by the new 1=2 structure.   Again, I am not terribly confident of this bullish set up since the wave 1 is really best counted as a 3-wave rally.   So, clearly, if we break out over the pivot, and then break back below it, it will be a strong signal that we are likely heading down to a low below that one struck in mid-December.

I am not going to repeat the issues I have with GDX, as I already outlined them in the weekend update.   But, so far, it looks like it is trying to set up its next 1-2 structure as well.  So, if we do see a clear corrective pullback in wave 2, and then rally over wave 1, you can attempt a long trade.  But, I am going to reiterate that I am not nearly as confident in this potential due to the “issues” outlined before.

GLD seems to have the cleanest chart of the 3 right now. As far as its micro structure, I posted this earlier today:

“As long as the market respects the micro pivot now placed on the GLD chart, I am viewing this as wave (i) of iii in GLD.  So, that means as long as we respect the pivot, I expect one more pullback.  Taking out this pivot will then make the bottom of the pivot support, and holding over that support keeps pressure up towards wave (iii)”

While we have the set up in place, I will probably say this is the last set up I am giving the metals to break out and hold the break out.  A failure to do so at this point in time will suggest that a lower low is likely going to be seen before the next bullish set up takes place.

#2280 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,041 posts

Posted 12 January 2022 - 10:03 PM

yep lower low in store