• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,017 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 07:39 AM

So, the CBOE hasn't updated their options data page for yesterday, as yet. I also note that CNN can't seem to get their "Markets" paged to even load (their Fear/Greed measure does require options data so that's no surprise).

Any other data problems we should be aware of?

Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#2 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 08:33 AM

Software glitch... or another hack?

If "they" can hack cows...

20 hours ago

Cyberattack hits world's largest meat supplier

https://www.nbcnews....pplier-n1269191

It might be days before production resumes after an “organized cybersecurity attack” affected IT systems in North America and Australia, officials said.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 02 June 2021 - 08:34 AM.

#3 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,477 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 08:55 AM

It's CNN, fake news anyhow lol!! 

#4 q4wer

q4wer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 10:17 AM

close eyes, and buy calls,  always works.

#5 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,477 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 10:26 AM

Ooooo oooooo, I'll sell you those calls,,,, mine seem to work 90% of the time too lol!!  June 4250 calls $62.50-$35= $27.50 profits.  Although that was a one day profit sold on the morning of 5/10 and bought back 5/11 lol!  Right now holding sells on the June 4300 calls $14, current $8, 4350 calls $4 current $1.05

#6 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,017 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 12:56 PM

Alas, you are correct! :lol:

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#7 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,477 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 01:00 PM

Alas, you are correct! laugh.png

yup working today not lol!

#8 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 05:30 PM

Day trading options is a breakeven effort at best, same for futures, if you are willing to 

trade stops 10 times a day and all the work that involves good luck, not for me.

When I put a trade on, I want 50-100% with 10% risk, you won't get that less than 30 days of

option time, and I'm not trading for small change, compound the gains, just don't lose more than

1-2 times out of 10. Trading for income is a waste of time to me, about like selling options for income.

Calling every day's direction is a waste of time, you are still trying to day trade.

Edited by CLK, 02 June 2021 - 05:31 PM.

#9 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,477 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 08:08 AM

Agree on that, 'buying" options doesn't work well or at least a month out thus why I've done it for 40 years and its done well for me.  This past year I've enjoyed posting my day trades on here, think its one of the only reason I've kept doing it cause I get bored of it after awhile but the posting makes it exciting. Working on my 13th profitable month.  Am getting close to just holding a longer short but not just yet would like the market a little higher...

#10 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 11:40 AM

Agree on that, 'buying" options doesn't work well or at least a month out thus why I've done it for 40 years and its done well for me.  This past year I've enjoyed posting my day trades on here, think its one of the only reason I've kept doing it cause I get bored of it after awhile but the posting makes it exciting. Working on my 13th profitable month.  Am getting close to just holding a longer short but not just yet would like the market a little higher...

I could never do day trades or short term trades. Had a very busy life enjoying all the amenities a private country club offers. So my trades are playing long term cycles in market. 2020 was exceptionally profitable with 50+% profits. I know that was an exceptional situation due to covid pandemic. 

Now I am almost all out of the market, and wait for the next crash of 20% or more. Usually every 3-4 years will have a nice crash. This trading does not require hardly any time in front of the computer, and profits are taxed at long term rates. Having maximum time to enjoy things I like is the paramount goal to make money. Booking 4 cruises in 2021. I am cruise starved.

Edited by pdx5, 03 June 2021 - 11:40 AM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule