Seasonally bullish, SPX 4400

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#41 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,659 posts

Posted 14 July 2021 - 07:34 PM

Tech boom. Rydex Technology Assets skyrocketed nearly $40 million last week. It looks to be the largest single-day jump since 2000 as mutual fund traders jump into what has been a hot sector. https://sentimentrader.com/blog/the-most-important-index-in-the-world-has-doubled-now-what/

#42 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,659 posts

Posted 14 July 2021 - 07:35 PM

WOW! 

The Most Important Index in the World Has Doubled - Now What?

It seems like it's taken forever, but in reality, it was almost no time at all.

The most-benchmarked index in the world has now doubled from its pandemic low. After falling to 2,191 on March 23 of last year, the S&P 500 closed at 4,384 on Monday. This marks the third time that the index has doubled from a multi-year low over the past two decades.

For what it's worth (maybe not much), the other two times the S&P reached its doubling point preceded a correction and a bear market. Going back to 1928, this is the 2nd-fastest doubling off of a multi-year low, eclipsed only by a breathtaking rally in 1932. These are the only two times it managed to double in under 400 trading sessions.

https://www.sentimen...ubled-now-what/

#43 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,659 posts

Posted 14 July 2021 - 07:37 PM

MARKET SENTIMENT is very important for me ...

This Indicator Shows Hedge Funds are Panic Buying

We already know that small options traders, among many others, have been jumping once again into speculative trades. Now we can add hedge funds to the mix.

Many of them have had a rough start to the year, and now seem intent on making up for lost ground. Per the Wall Street Journal.

"Client notes from both Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs Group Inc. showed that fundamental stock-picking hedge funds posted negative alpha-trader shorthand for poor performance-in the first half of the year.

Part of the challenge for professional stock pickers is that markets have been heavily rotational, Mr. Dowling and several fund managers said. Markets this year have whipped back and forth between growth stocks and value stocks, making it difficult for managers to find winning trades."

The latest estimate of Hedge Fund Exposure shows that funds are nearly 40% net long stocks, a quick rise from almost being flat a month ago. Over the past few years, when it has climbed this high, the S&P ended up giving any further gains back, though it took a long time to play out during the momentum market immediately prior to the pandemic crash.

https://www.sentimen...e-panic-buying/

#44 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,659 posts

Posted 14 July 2021 - 07:40 PM

And #MysteryBroker is in the "sticky inflation" camp, sees PCE inflation staying >2% for "a couple of years" except for a bit next spring when it laps recent hot numbers. Policy too loose for an economy set to be at full employment by end 2022, wage growth durable. Yields higher.

#45 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,659 posts

Posted 14 July 2021 - 07:41 PM

I am happy to be in agreement with the "mysterybroker"

The #MysteryBroker says he's not changing his view, still sees very little further S&P upside and significant correction before long. Continues to believe outperformance of cyclical/value over growth will resume and persist longer than most expect, if by a more moderate degree.

#46 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,659 posts

Posted 14 July 2021 - 07:44 PM

ES 4350 & 4280 are key levels

4350 support for minor pullback & resume uptrend; 4280 support for IT pullback and resume uptrend

I think both supports will fail before end of July, BUT I COULD BE WRONG!

Yet again today the mini-dip in #ES_F was bought. Identical setup as yesterday: ATH made in the morning, rejected, then recovered my ~4350 support Unless bears actually lose a support to trigger an unwind (4350), this is all just chop setting up a new leg to 4398 & 4410 targets
Quote Tweet

ZVBuToeP_mini.jpg

Adam Mancini

@AdamMancini4
· 12h
The micro-dips in #ES_F continue to be bought for now - yesterday my core support was 4350 and we hit it to the tick and bounced overnight 18 points. ES trying to form a bull flag since yesterdays high to setup next elg Plan today: As long as 4350 holds, 4398/4410 in play next twitter.com/AdamMancini4/s…
Show this thread

#47 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,659 posts

Posted 14 July 2021 - 07:49 PM

Heading down again to that -200 zone? 

McClellanOsc_1088.gif

https://www.mcoscill...t_breadth_data/

#48 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,659 posts

Posted 14 July 2021 - 07:53 PM

I do not use overbought & oversold levels since they are too inexact and not useful in my trading. But many do. e.g. 

Apple And Amazon Are Leading The Stock Market To Extremely Overbought Levels
Jul. 13, 2021 4:09 PM ETInvesco QQQ ETF (QQQ)AAPLAMZN54 Comments20 Likes
Summary
  • The Nasdaq 100 is now in rarely seen overbought levels.
  • The majority of the time when the index was this overbought a sharp correction followed.
  • Apple and Amazon appear to be leading the charge on the latest price movement.

https://seekingalpha...erbought-levels

#49 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,659 posts

Posted 14 July 2021 - 07:54 PM

Placed buy limit orders for new NQ HEDGE LONG @ 14805 and close CRUDE SHORTS below 72.20

#50 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,688 posts

Posted 15 July 2021 - 07:55 AM

Well I'm glad I its been fun, held my long to 4375 as I said I was going to for a 20 point profit and went short there still holding with a 4360 profit stop for the cash open.  May go long around here but right now were still sitting above my expiration numbers for this cycle, see how the cash open goes!