I just might for a few months

#12 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 23 August 2021 - 07:00 PM

watch the sky

I just might for a few months

for a few months??  where u  been for the last 12 years and did u notice today    the cnn fear greed index in the fear zone with the spy closing at another historic high and there is no euphoria.......nose bleeds and fear of height endemic and of course without the boob toob there would be all kinds of euphoria

#13 Spectacular Bid

Spectacular Bid

• Traders-Talk User
  • 852 posts

Posted 24 August 2021 - 08:16 AM

Chief   I've been short for 12 straight years. I don't even know how I'm still alive, but as of yesterday I've seen the light. Hallelujah

#14 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,444 posts

Posted 24 August 2021 - 08:47 AM

Chief   I've been short for 12 straight years. I don't even know how I'm still alive, but as of yesterday I've seen the light. Hallelujah

haha I know heh!  Even in 12 years we've seen nice profitable corrections.  Like I've said in 12 years that's only about 3800 points, there are way more profits than that.  I wish I had actually kept a running number, just in the last 16 mths I think I've doubled that with all trades posted on hear live lol! 

#15 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 24 August 2021 - 06:25 PM

haha I know heh!  Even in 12 years we've seen nice profitable corrections.  Like I've said in 12 years that's only about 3800 points, there are way more profits than that.  I wish I had actually kept a running number, just in the last 16 mths I think I've doubled that with all trades posted on hear live lol! 

A very profitable correction is due to arrive within just a few full moon cycles. Patience will be rewarded big!

In the meanwhile it is OKAY to watch the moon.

Edited by pdx5, 24 August 2021 - 06:26 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#16 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 24 August 2021 - 07:16 PM

kudos     ,,,    for free 2 eh..:>)   "on hear"     u flunked english but i bet u were good at math....snort

Edited by da_cheif, 24 August 2021 - 07:17 PM.

#17 brucekeller

brucekeller

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 24 August 2021 - 10:09 PM

Even if we dropped 25% by October, cheif isn't wrong that in say, 5 years we'll be higher than we are today.  Just need to look at a long term chart, even a 5 year old could figure out the overall trend. 

#18 Spectacular Bid

Spectacular Bid

• Traders-Talk User
  • 852 posts

Posted 25 August 2021 - 10:16 AM

FWIW  and in this case it appears it's not worth anything, I did a quick deep dive on the nyse summation index going back to 2000. I couldn't find any instances of the summation index falling 800 units  without a corresponding 5% decline let alone have the market at new highs. I did this quickly so I'm not going to absolutely stake my life on it, but this is an amazing market and I post this with no opinion as to it's meaning.

#19 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,999 posts

Posted 25 August 2021 - 11:21 AM

Very close to a swing top, so I'd expect a selling to start in the next few days ................

Edited by redfoliage2, 25 August 2021 - 11:21 AM.

#20 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,444 posts

Posted 25 August 2021 - 12:24 PM

Even if we dropped 25% by October, cheif isn't wrong that in say, 5 years we'll be higher than we are today.  Just need to look at a long term chart, even a 5 year old could figure out the overall trend. 

Of course its easy being bullish, its calling the tops and bottoms inbetween that takes skill.  At the least to protect capital...  This is why I prefer selling option premium because no one really knows when things will change!