• 12,587 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 11:23 AM

Profit stop 4665...

#52 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,587 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 11:49 AM

Just taken out as I adjusted my profit stop to 4680 and taken out for a 35 point profit.

#53 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,478 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 01:05 PM

10 QQQ PUTS
700 QQQ

BUT NQ DAYTRADING IS AGAIN QUITE PROFITABLE
I do not care to try to determine anything longer than VST market direction with such swings in the market
But will not last...

Total of 500 QQQ  so far in LT
5 QQQ PUTS

Will add more QQQ on declines and more PUTS on rallies, partial hedge (but of course it is trading both ways to profit BOTH sides!)

Will buy another 100 QQQ for LT below 380

Buy more lower down

Will add more QQQ PUTS in LT above QQQ 386

#54 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,039 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 01:53 PM

Tomorrow's CPI will tell if this bounce have legs ............................

Edited by redfoliage2, 11 January 2022 - 01:55 PM.

#55 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,587 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 02:59 PM

And just like that I got my nice even 4700 start for a short build!! 

#56 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 04:48 PM

This is a bit spooky perhaps...

Check out the similarity to MSFT today with the Dow October 1987...

Took out the double bottom, then a little stutter step backtest, and then....Bombs Away...

MSFT bulls need a big green one tomorrow, or we could be about experience some sort of Deja Vu

87.png

msft.png

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#57 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,478 posts

Posted 12 January 2022 - 06:42 AM

Two great days, best market to trade in months -- big swings, reversals, intraday ranges larger. Focusing on NQ daytrades with a few QQQ and QQQ PUTS

RISK ON Trading begins again with new QQQ and SPY PUT positions

Am closing 600 QQQ in LT, fast profits in 2 days, keeping 200 and 20 QQQ PUTS in LT

Will add more QQQ on declines, will add more QQQ PUTS on rallies

Will start new SPY PUT positions if traded above 473/75 levels, depending on setups. Yesterday was straight up after reversal, not going to battle the rampaging bull in those market conditions. 

We got the Monday & Tuesday bounce, this can continue to new ATHs, but the BIG DROP will follow. 

CRUDE above my initial entry levels but very strong so I will wait for better entry levels to start new CRUDE SHORT

Ditto for VXX CALLS, will start new position in low 17 or 16 handle, could get it today. 

10 QQQ PUTS
700 QQQ

BUT NQ DAYTRADING IS AGAIN QUITE PROFITABLE
I do not care to try to determine anything longer than VST market direction with such swings in the market
But will not last...

Total of 500 QQQ  so far in LT
5 QQQ PUTS

Will add more QQQ on declines and more PUTS on rallies, partial hedge (but of course it is trading both ways to profit BOTH sides!)

Will buy another 100 QQQ for LT below 380

Buy more lower down

Will add more QQQ PUTS in LT above QQQ 386

#58 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,478 posts

Posted 12 January 2022 - 06:54 AM

Still waiting for a pullback in INDA and XLF but may not get it until later this year. 

Yet again, miraculous save of the 50dma & now 10th time #ES_F has done this trick: Wash below 50dma, recover next day.Prior all saw ATHs but lvl-to-lvl, 1 of these times will fail Almost at 4705-08 target. Solid res, dip likely there but unless it takes out 4650, 4745 is above

ZVBuToeP_normal.jpg

Yet again, miraculous save of the 50dma & now 10th time #ES_F has done this trick: Wash below 50dma, recover next day.Prior all saw ATHs but lvl-to-lvl, 1 of these times will fail Almost at 4705-08 target. Solid res, dip likely there but unless it takes out 4650, 4745 is above

#59 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,478 posts

Posted 12 January 2022 - 07:02 AM

Worst of the WINTER SURGE with OMICRON is almost over. 

With infections spiking, can be hard to see the light
But the peak of this wave is coming into view
Cases now falling in NYC, DC MA wastewater shows big declines
Yes, parts of US still rising. And hospitals have many tough weeks ahead
But nationally, wave will crest. And soon

#60 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,478 posts

Posted 12 January 2022 - 07:15 AM

CPI FF: just below 7%

ST trade: Buying any DIP after report , selling the bounce after the dip, after 1pm

• "The consumer price index is released by the Labor Department Wednesday and is expected to show headline inflation jumped by 7%, its fastest pace since 1982.
  • The Federal Reserve is already on a path to raise interest rates to battle rising prices. A hot number should justify the Fed’s policy shift.
  • “It’s still hot, hot, hot, and it’s important because we’re now where the Fed worries about that 7% number getting baked into wages and getting more entrenched,” said Diane Swonk, chief economist at Grant Thornton."

https://www.cnbc.com...-come-soon.html