Powell's Prepared Statement for the Nomination Hearing

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,908 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 03:36 PM

However, I see this is just a good opportunity for dip buyers ...................

#22 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,908 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 03:43 PM

The market just over-reacted to Brainard's remarks in the Senate hearing.  Very different from what Powell said the other day.  But from what she said I see she is not qualified for the position, though she is just trying to plead the Senate, not much analytical  ...................

But think about it - who is the Chair?  I'm glad Biden made the correct decision when nominating the Fed president.

So Mr. Market voted disapproving her .......................

#23 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,908 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 10:04 AM

So SPX looks set to re-test Monday's low ...........................

Edited by redfoliage2, 14 January 2022 - 10:06 AM.

#24 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,908 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 12:22 PM

It's likely to double bottom around here .................

#25 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,908 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 02:19 PM

Likely a bear trap here.  Inflation peaked as data shown again today (export and import prices going down, and retail sales going down also) .  I'd not trust what Brain dead said.  If the Fed dare to raise more than three times the economy will tank  ...................

Edited by redfoliage2, 14 January 2022 - 02:26 PM.

#26 brucekeller

brucekeller

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 02:25 PM

Likely a bear trap here.  Inflation peaked as data indicate again today (export and import prices going down, and retail sales going down also) .  I'd not trust what Brain dead said  ...................

I don't see how we had to try 3 times to end QE with a much smaller initial QE and that we can just end this one in basically a little over a month without there being any fallout. I'm waiting for the meeting near the end of the month or any statements backtracking ending QE before I get too bullish. 

#27 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,908 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 02:27 PM

Likely a bear trap here.  Inflation peaked as data indicate again today (export and import prices going down, and retail sales going down also) .  I'd not trust what Brain dead said  ...................

I don't see how we had to try 3 times to end QE with a much smaller initial QE and that we can just end this one in basically a little over a month without there being any fallout. I'm waiting for the meeting near the end of the month or any statements backtracking ending QE before I get too bullish. 

I think Powell already told us on Tue. what he will be saying at the Jan meeting - quote& no timing and no specific plans for rate hike &quote.  He knows if hiking too fast the economy will tank.  He is not brain dead and he sounded very balanced ......................

Edited by redfoliage2, 14 January 2022 - 02:35 PM.

#28 brucekeller

brucekeller

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 03:01 PM

I think Powell already told us on Tue. what he will be saying at the Jan meeting - quote& no timing and no specific plans for rate hike &quote.  He knows if hiking too fast the economy will tank.  He is not brain dead and he sounded very balanced ......................

Yeah but I'm talking about QE. 2.5% rates will crash everything, but no infinite money printer might make the market go through withdrawals too. 

#29 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,908 posts

Posted 15 January 2022 - 04:46 PM

Lets see if SPX is going to retest last weeks low early next week

#30 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,908 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 10:51 AM

Lets see if SPX is going to retest last weeks low early next week

It's testing the low of last week.  I'd see if it will hold by the close tomorrow ..........................