Powell's Prepared Statement for the Nomination Hearing

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,908 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 02:15 PM

So SPX looks set to re-test Monday's low ...........................

Lets see if SPX is going to retest last weeks low early next week

It's testing the low of last week.  I'd see if it will hold by the close tomorrow ..........................

BTW, due to one trading day less in this OpEx week things should move faster for OpEx activities .........................

#32 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,908 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 04:06 PM

It looks to me that a bounce is in the cards at some time tomorrow .........................

Edited by redfoliage2, 18 January 2022 - 04:08 PM.

#33 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,908 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 12:25 PM

It looks to me that a bounce is in the cards at some time tomorrow .........................

So bears calling for CRASH are failing again. The street sharks/whales who have been relentlessly hyping on how much/how active the Fed will be hiking have to put their money somewhere from the recent selling of the bonds. Its TINA and nowhere to go as the rate is still very low and cash is still trash.  After all, this is the very reason why they have been relentlessly hyping  ........................

Edited by redfoliage2, 19 January 2022 - 12:35 PM.

#34 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,908 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 01:01 PM

Despite the bounce I'd expect the market still going to spike up and down as it's still in the Jan. OpEx week.....................................

Edited by redfoliage2, 19 January 2022 - 01:03 PM.

#35 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,908 posts

Posted 20 January 2022 - 09:34 AM

So bears calling for CRASH are failing again. The street sharks who have been relentlessly hyping on how much/how active the Fed will be hiking have to put their money somewhere from the recent selling of the bonds. Its TINA and nowhere to go as the rate is still very low and cash is still trash.  After all, this is the very reason why they have been relentlessly hyping  ........................

But I doubt the Fed will go the hypsters' way as indicated from Powell's remarks.  Technically the indicators all pointing to a stock market bottom here, so I'd expect a big relief rally upon the Fed meeting next week ....................

Edited by redfoliage2, 20 January 2022 - 09:44 AM.

#36 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,908 posts

Posted 20 January 2022 - 09:59 AM

So bears calling for CRASH are failing again. The street sharks who have been relentlessly hyping on how much/how active the Fed will be hiking have to put their money somewhere from the recent selling of the bonds. Its TINA and nowhere to go as the rate is still very low and cash is still trash.  After all, this is the very reason why they have been relentlessly hyping  ........................

But I doubt the Fed will go the hypsters' way as indicated from Powell's remarks.  Technically the indicators all pointing to a stock market bottom here, so I'd expect a big relief rally upon the Fed meeting next week ....................

However, shorts will have to cover before then .........................

#37 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,908 posts

Posted 20 January 2022 - 02:12 PM

Breadth very strong today,  the whole market is turning around from a bottom .............................

Edited by redfoliage2, 20 January 2022 - 02:15 PM.

#38 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,908 posts

Posted 20 January 2022 - 03:08 PM

It looks that sharks are trying to create a crash by relentlessly shorting a just few market generals such as TSLA, AMZN while the whole market is trying to turnaround from a bottom as indicated by market breadth.  Let's see if the Fed will go their way, but I don't think the Fed can allow a crash at this crucial juncture and the criminals will be punished before long ....................

Edited by redfoliage2, 20 January 2022 - 03:16 PM.

#39 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,908 posts

Posted 20 January 2022 - 04:10 PM

It looks that sharks are trying to create a crash by relentlessly shorting a just few market generals such as TSLA, AMZN while the whole market is trying to turnaround from a bottom as indicated by market breadth.  Let's see if the Fed will go their way, but I don't think the Fed can allow a crash at this crucial juncture and the criminals will be punished before long ....................

This is not about fundamentals, nor technical, it's market manipulation, that should get attention from the SEC and the Fed...................

Edited by redfoliage2, 20 January 2022 - 04:10 PM.

#40 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,908 posts

Posted 22 January 2022 - 11:51 AM

Now the market has more than priced in for three times of rate hike in 2022. However, lets see what will actually come out from the Fed next week ..

Edited by redfoliage2, 22 January 2022 - 11:53 AM.