BOUNCE & PLUNGE: waiting for the last dance & for the music to stop

• Please log in to reply
581 replies to this topic

#541 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 28 January 2022 - 12:51 PM

Wow, they're setting up a sell going into the weekend. I could be wrong, but there is no way we finish up before the weekend. In bear markets they sell Fri and buy Mon.

Oooooo this is getting exciting lets see who's right, I'm with red and I said that the market will close green today when it was deep in the red and I think we've got better odds with all the "crash" and "bear" words floating around!  I'm looking to see where to go back long again...

#542 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 28 January 2022 - 12:57 PM

And there we go, starting my long build where I sold an hour ago lol, 4350.....

#543 hhh

hhh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 28 January 2022 - 12:58 PM

There's a bearish Gartley in play today with targets at 4346 and 4319 SPX.

#544 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,101 posts

Posted 28 January 2022 - 01:09 PM

Wow, they're setting up a sell going into the weekend. I could be wrong, but there is no way we finish up before the weekend. In bear markets they sell Fri and buy Mon.

Oooooo this is getting exciting lets see who's right, I'm with red and I said that the market will close green today when it was deep in the red and I think we've got better odds with all the "crash" and "bear" words floating around!  I'm looking to see where to go back long again...

I see it's more likely to close at high today with a Monday gap-up.  It's the plan ..................

Edited by redfoliage2, 28 January 2022 - 01:16 PM.

#545 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 28 January 2022 - 01:16 PM

want to start buying SPY PUTS, maybe above 440 if traded & good entry levels - not if markets melting up as will be the case if a ST LOW was made today after testing the earlier weekly LOW. 

same for QQQ PUTS - adding to existing 10 that are a partial hedge for the stocks I bought in LT, but these new PUTS will be above QQQ 354 if traded on the bounce. 

If, and there is still a good possibility of this happening, markets finish below this morning's low then I will buy a few SPY CALLS & close existing QQQ PUTS. 

New month, new plan starting next week,  best January in years, best month since March 2020. 

#546 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 28 January 2022 - 01:24 PM

Won't goo that far but the bet is green so we'll see.  Think we need to exchange address's for where the beer needs to be sent!!  profit stop 4351 will buy lower....

#547 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,419 posts

Posted 28 January 2022 - 01:45 PM

Rut faltered on first attempt...see if they can get another attempt underway, and make that open grass run...

Back below that 200, and could still be problems...

HUGE amount of work done here...decision should be soon...

RUT.png

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#548 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,042 posts

Posted 28 January 2022 - 01:49 PM

They haven't been able to penetrate that red downward sloping trendline yet.

#549 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,419 posts

Posted 28 January 2022 - 01:53 PM

3 and 5  min volume bars on rut futs suggesting 1960 area doable if can break back over 1933

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#550 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,419 posts

Posted 28 January 2022 - 01:58 PM

SOX with massive coil....likely just about to provide big clue....

sox.png