Photo

WHAT SELLOFF? Bulls win a famous victory but hard slogging ahead...

• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

#21 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,013 posts

Posted 31 January 2022 - 01:41 PM

Rusty made it to next big pivot zone....may run into some trouble in this area....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#22 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,529 posts

Posted 31 January 2022 - 02:59 PM

Standard deviation of SP500 since 2009 to 2022 is high enough to make every trader a Billionaire if she could hit the lows and highs during that period. Raise your hand if you were able to achieve that many profitable trades.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#23 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,054 posts

Posted 31 January 2022 - 03:13 PM

Standard deviation of SP500 since 2009 to 2022 is high enough to make every trader a Billionaire if she could hit the lows and highs during that period. Raise your hand if you were able to achieve that many profitable trades.

What time frame you use?  Daily, weekly, or monthly?

#24 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,054 posts

Posted 31 January 2022 - 04:03 PM

SPX looks to go 4500 soon .................

Hit bullseye again.

Edited by redfoliage2, 31 January 2022 - 04:11 PM.

#25 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,529 posts

Posted 31 January 2022 - 05:04 PM

My prognostication is based on hitting highs and lows during each calendar year.

If someone could do that starting with $10,000 in 2009, she would be very very rich by now.

The simple point is, there is much more potential reward in trading than being a permabull. 

Edited by pdx5, 31 January 2022 - 05:05 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#26 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,054 posts

Posted 31 January 2022 - 06:54 PM

My prognostication is based on hitting highs and lows during each calendar year.

If someone could do that starting with $10,000 in 2009, she would be very very rich by now.

The simple point is, there is much more potential reward in trading than being a permabull. 

That's right.  You know Cheif does it ..........................

#27 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,688 posts

Posted 31 January 2022 - 11:37 PM

Was a great day, well tennis was awesome so sunny!!  As I mentioned the ES may hit 4500 so I took profits there for a nice 55 points and flipped to being short.  So far holding onto it with a profit stop for the rest of the night at 4499 and will sell above that if hit.  Would love to see 4450 again to go long I think!!! 

#28 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,659 posts

Posted 01 February 2022 - 07:32 AM

NQ profit yesterday was the highest ever. No trading is easy but the nearest to that is NQ almost up the whole day, similar to NQ being down almost the whole day last week, with big swings and large intraday ranges. 3% plus NQ up days are rare and consecutive ones even rarer. 

JANUARY was the best of all first months since I began trading 35 years ago. January 2022 was the best trading month since the all-time best month, MARCH 2020. 

Still holding my 10 MARCH QQQ PUTS that hopefully can be decimated to near zero since that would mean all my stocks would go up at least another 20%: INDA, XLF, TWTR, VOO. Will close all these - starting in premarket today, then during next few hours into tomorrow. But I want to bank these profits to start a new month. Will still hold the QQQ PUTS & buy QQQ on any pullback -- shallow pullbacks, since the market "correction" will resume soon. 

Will also hold 10 SPY PUTS & add on any rally above yesterday's high.  Did not bother buying SPY PUTS for most of the day as markets zoomed ahead with minor retracements until later in the session.

CRUDE too unstable and bubbly for me to trade now, will step aside and wait

Looking at VXX to start new CALL position

#29 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,659 posts

Posted 01 February 2022 - 07:34 AM

Closing update: Very precise action here off the levels in #ES_F: Hit ~4490 resistance, dipped, now into basing mode. Bulls going to want hold 4455 overnight which keeps 4520-40 in play. Find out there if this is a relief bounce.
Closing update: Very precise action here off the levels in #ES_F: Hit ~4490 resistance, dipped, now into basing mode. Bulls going to want hold 4455 overnight which keeps 4520-40 in play. Find out there if this is a relief bounce.

#30 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,659 posts

Posted 01 February 2022 - 07:35 AM

Naz 90% upside volume day. There have been NONE of those in the last 5 yrs.